Upgraded to Internet 150 about 5 days ago,the speeds haven't changed and i have the same gb limit

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

So i signed up for the upgrade when they came to my house, and they said i already had the right modem so nothing would have to change. but 5 days later my download speeds are the same. And when i get on the website and check my account it says i have 150 internet but its showing i only have 450 gb data cap per month, and it's supposed to be 1tb. Does it just take awhile to change over or do i have to get someone to come in. 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

If not fixed by Wednesday, I suggest contacting Telus, contract in hand to,learn about the delay in change of service.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Although it may take a few days to a week for the change to be processed, you should not need a change of modem. The 450 GB may be because you changed part way through the month, and your data volume has been prorated for a bit less than half the month (14 days). You should be seeing your updated download speeds, though.  What are you seeing on speedtest.net and what was your previous speed? 

NFtoBC
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

its about 60 mbs on speedtest. I didn't check before, but when i downloaded stuff it was about 7mbs and its about the same.

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

If not fixed by Wednesday, I suggest contacting Telus, contract in hand to,learn about the delay in change of service.

NFtoBC

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

alright will do, thanks for the help.

Highlighted
Connector

Hey there. 

For the Fiber 150 do you have the T3200M modem? If its anything else other then the T3200M you are not going to get the speeds you are paying for. The T3200M was specifically designed to work with the Fiber 150. Hope this helps. 

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
Yep I do have the 3200m, so I don't know why it wouldn't work
Highlighted
Connector

Are we connecting wireless or a wired connection? 

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
I've tried it with both.