cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized Service Changes

dissapointed
Just Moved In

I've been with Telus for decades and am happy with the pricing and the service, until tonight. A sales rep came to my door offering an amazing deal. I said "I want to think about it." He said "I'll send you some information." Instead, I received a welcome to your new contract email.

He actually changed my services cancelled my old contract and tied me into a new contract without my permission. I did not agree to anything. I explicitly said I wanted more information. I did not agree to a new contract. I never signed anything and I never touched his tablet. He kept flipping through his tablet, checking boxes and answering questions and not once did he ask me to sign or check a box.

BTW He said it was not a promo price - it is. He also said unlimited data, it isn't.

Sales reps should not be able to make changes to an account without express permission from the customer. It is an unethical sales practise that Telus should stop immediately.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@dissapointed wrote:

Sales reps should not be able to make changes to an account without express permission from the customer. It is an unethical sales practise that Telus should stop immediately.

They aren't. Contact Telus directly to complain about the actions of this individual, and request your old plan back.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@dissapointed wrote:

They aren't. Contact Telus directly to complain about the actions of this individual, and request your old plan back.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

xray
Hero
The door to door sales people are usually contracted 3rd party working on commission and not TELUS employees. Definitely report them to TELUS and have it corrected.