Unable to record?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Connector
Hey there got my services installed today..already noticed one large difference from shaw..not able to record on some channels ? For example was going to record real time tonight with Bill Maher no problem with Shaw sadly the 4k PVR says naw recording is not allowed on channel HBOCahd

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Advisor

I assume you are subscribed to that channel.

I often end up searching for something and that keeps changing to all channels from subscribed channels only. Not liking that.

The other thing that happens sometime and I don't know why, it says can't record it, but waiting a few second and pressing again, would do it.

good luck

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Advisor

I assume you are subscribed to that channel.

I often end up searching for something and that keeps changing to all channels from subscribed channels only. Not liking that.

The other thing that happens sometime and I don't know why, it says can't record it, but waiting a few second and pressing again, would do it.

good luck

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Connector

Ha got it , came down to "Well you don't get that channel " Fixed that :"D

Highlighted
Advisor

Yeah, it takes time to get use  to the differences between shaw and this new 4k unit.

While the electronics is what it should be in 2017, (don't know why shaw can't do it) the rest is far from perfect.

One of the my major complaint is that I don't know what movies are going to be on this afternoon.

You can only search for what is on now. How is this acceptable I don't know.

The other is the On Demand mixed in with the channel lineup.

I think they are doing these on purpose to push us in the On Demand direction, away from live tv, from recordings.

It's a business.