cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UWP/html 5 optik tv application

So xbox ones are using uwp and watch optik tv website is html 5 soon hopefully. Still needing Adobe flash. Will it ever go to HTML? And will microsoft ever support optik? Will it ever come to xbox? I don't want to use hdmi input for connecting my cable box. Glitchhy and just a hassle for a hdmi cable!. Was thinkin to get tv for bedroom that I would leave my xbox around the corner and run a hdmi cord if needed. Tho don't want to. I would use hdmi switch.
1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Microsoft no longer has any connection to Optik. Microsoft sold off Mediaroom, the software platform Optik TV is based on, many years ago and cut all ties. At that time the old Xbox Optik app was dropped by Microsoft and they have no plans on bringing it back. So far no Mediaroom based TV service has a UWP app. Until then, you can access your Optik TV online through your browser though.

I've never heard of HDMI input being glitchy on an Xbox. You sure you have everything connected right?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂