cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT: Supremely unimpressed with Telus

Sabra
Neighbour
Dear Telus,

I'm writing to you as an extremely frustrated customer right now.
Here is a quick summary of where your team and product has failed me:

(Please note, I welcome you to check my history on file of all of my calls and emails to you prior to this email to crosscheck the validity of this email)

• Last summer I called your tech team multiple times to say that our home internet services were not working well.  The signal strength of the wifi was and still is way too weak.  I mentioned this during multiple calls with your team.  They sent a few technicians out 2-3 times to troubleshoot the issue, and every time I was told that it was fixed. 
  • Week after week, and month after month, the internet has been too weak to perform basic functions that I need in order to work from home such as sending a single email, video conferencing, the use of Slack, etc.  These are not massive tasks that require very high bandwidths of network. 
  • I called again around December to see if someone could go in and fix the internet.  The man told me over the phone he could do a few troubleshooting fixes over the phone and it would be good to go.  Once again, this made no difference.
  • I've called multiple times in the past 3 months to have this sorted out.  I was told by one of your technicians that the only way to resolve this would be to send in the team to install fiber since it was the copper wires that were failing.  I agreed to let someone come in to do this.  I explained to the woman on the phone that since the summer, I have had data overages almost every single month since last summer, and have been paying both my phone data overages and for a home internet service that doesn't work.  She agreed on this call that this was the case as she looked into my file deeper.  She said that there was no way to look at the billing until the fiber was installed, at which time Telus would look at offering me a larger credit of some sort.
  1. Feb 1st - the date of the first scheduled installation.  My husband and I postponed our family's weekend vacation to be home for this.  We were told a few days before Feb 1st that it had to be rescheduled for a different date...and it was too late at this point for us to reschedule our vacation.  Frustrating, but we went with it.
  2. Feb 15th - The second installed date was scheduled and I was asked to be home between 9-11 am that day.  The technician was late and showed up after 11 am, at which time I had to leave.  I have two young children with activities in place, so was unable to be flexible to your technician's late arrival.
  3. March 7th - The 3rd installation date was scheduled again by your team and our family was asked to be home between 9-11 am once again.  I'd like to emphasize that we had to reconfigure our entire weekend plans to be home for this, as we were meant to be out of town this weekend.  No one showed up!  Please keep in mind that I received several text messages and phone call reminders about this appointment.  Super frustrating.  I called Telus to find out what was going on and the technician on the call told me there was no scheduled appointment for us that day!?!?!  You can imagine my level of anger and frustration at this point.  He promised he would look into this and call me back within 15 minutes...it has been 10 days and still no response.
This is completely unacceptable and I'd like to hear from someone from Telus about this situation asap.

To Recap:

- I have been paying for over 9 months of mobile data overages AND internet home services that don't work.  Your technicians have admitted that it's not working, and yet, no one has offered to resolve the situation.  Keep in mind, I have 18 GBs of mobile data and I'm STILL going over in data charges...that's a bit crazy.
- The 3 scheduled appointments to our home have interrupted our family's weekend plans, schedules, and activities.  1st appointment was rescheduled, 2nd one the technician was late, and 3rd one never showed up and never called us to follow up.
- I have an outstanding whopping bill on my account right now which I REFUSE TO PAY.  This is literally highway robbery and I want someone to call me and clear the current bill, as well as go back and credit my past 9 months' worth of both mobile and home internet bills.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CommunityUser
Friendly Neighbour

I've recently dealt with a similar type of issue. My recommendation is to speak with an escalation manager, through the form linked above. When you receive a phone call, the first point of contact may try to pass you off. Continue to say you would like to deal with an escalation manager directly (my first call came from the Philippines, and she basically said it's not their problem). In my case, an email follow up was all I needed to get proper attention.

My case manager was friendly, professional and was willing to work with me to get things resolved. Before dealing with them, most of the techs I was sent didn't even have business cards. Once the escalation was moving, every tech I was sent was the most senior for the area and they were much more knowledgeable and friendly.

Best of luck, I hope this sheds some light on things.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

You are not going to get Telus to respond to concerns like that on the forums here. No one here will have access to your personal account. You will need to contact Telus directly through https://www.telus.com/support/contact-us/escalations/.

Wifi speeds are never guaranteed because there are too many things that can interfere with them. Installing additional wireless access points is typically the recommended solution for that if connecting via ethernet isn't possible. Simply switching to fibre will not fix this issue if the main cause was simply unreliable or weak wireless.

If you were calling Telus about the fibre install, you would need to call the specific number for fibre (1-855-595-5588) as the non-fibre team at the regular number likely cannot see any fibre install appointments.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thanks but I've already tried all of these places and no one has responded to me.  I'm at my witt's end here...

CommunityUser
Friendly Neighbour

I've recently dealt with a similar type of issue. My recommendation is to speak with an escalation manager, through the form linked above. When you receive a phone call, the first point of contact may try to pass you off. Continue to say you would like to deal with an escalation manager directly (my first call came from the Philippines, and she basically said it's not their problem). In my case, an email follow up was all I needed to get proper attention.

My case manager was friendly, professional and was willing to work with me to get things resolved. Before dealing with them, most of the techs I was sent didn't even have business cards. Once the escalation was moving, every tech I was sent was the most senior for the area and they were much more knowledgeable and friendly.

Best of luck, I hope this sheds some light on things.

Thanks for this tip!  Super helpful.  

I have followed that link over a week ago and filled out the form, but still no response from their escalation manager.

Do you have a direct email or phone number I can reach them at?  

CommunityUser
Friendly Neighbour

You can try customersupport (at) telus.com, as that's where I received the first email followup for my escalation (on the same day I submitted it). It's worth noting that with the currently declared states of emergency in several areas, they may be at reduced capacity or simply not working currently.