cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to set up fax on my HP all in one printer. Where do I get the filter that is required?

jpaxton
Just Moved In

Where can I get the filter required for a dsl/adsl home phone line required when setting up a fax on my all in one printer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you have Optik TV you will have a POTS splitter installed and will not require individual filters for every phone jack.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Do you have one on an existing phone? You could move that to the fax, and plug the phone into the fax unit. These filters are also commonly available from your favourite electronics or computer supply store, or likely by contacting Telus directly. Search for "ADSL filter" on your favourite electronics supply website.

If your existing phones do not have a filter, it may have been installed at the demarcation point, where the line enters the house. In that instance further filters are not necessary.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you have Optik TV you will have a POTS splitter installed and will not require individual filters for every phone jack.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂