cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus webmail is absolutely terrible

dolf
Friendly Neighbour

A problem from day one: When forwarding a mail with attachment already there the attachment is many times not delivered. I noticed when people replied with "Nothing here to see". Then I begun saving it to drafts before sending to see if it's still there. Many times the attachment disappears and message reads "no such part exists". The only way to fix it is to download it and re-attach it to the mail again. I called chat number of times, spent over an hour each time until they gave up. Back then the blamed it on Vista and IE, later Firefox, now with Windows 10 it's only getting worse. In addition to dropping attachments it suddenly stopped displaying emoticon descriptions. Then 6 months ago, the last time chatting with support, it would frequently kick me out when I open a link sent to me. The same when I check another website for references while composing a mail. I would go back to continue with the mail but when I want to save it I find it logged me out and most of what I did is lost. On top of it, I found that when I copy the text to paste it back in case I loose it, it pastes back with strange symbols and adds a script. In order to paste it back is to paste it to notepad first and then copy/paste into the mail. Very frustrating. The last time they gave me a number to call but it's Telus pay for service support. No way I'll pay for something their people offshore can't fix for free.

I use W10/Edge. I tried the newest IE, the only improvement is it doesn't add script. I didn't try Firefox yet because I really like Edge but I expect the same, there is no way I'll use Chrome. I would rather sign in with Hotmail and perhaps drop Telus altogether.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@dolf

You can use just about any email client to connect to your Telus email. There was also a discussion a few years ago about keeping one's Telus.net email address for a monthly fee. I believe this is also the case for PureFibre customers, as email is not included in the PureFibre internet packages. You can, of course get a free email address at a number of providers, or create your own for a small annual fee.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

ThePopper
Advocate

I'm with Telus (Home phone, TV & Internet), but I use gmail with zero problems.  I did use Telus webmail at one point, however my email account was hacked about two years ago and I haven't used Telus mail since.

dolf
Friendly Neighbour

Just spent about 2 hours on remote support to no avail. Only the issue with the script addition, I must use the plain text when composing. All issues were forwarded to higher ups just like all previous calls. I suspect the codes are written to suit only Chrome and the techs can't do anything about it. Cheap Telus doesn't want to spend any money on it.

Hey dolf, I was on Windows 10, when I had Telus email problems, as I mentioned earlier.  I'm now on a Mac with High Sierra O/S, and gmail works flawlessly.  I am having no problems attaching to an email or opening an attachment / link.

Wishing you the best of luck - Hope it all works out for you.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I've never depended on Webmail, but had used various mail clients over the years. These let me manage my correspondence as I see fit, using my Telus account (amongst others) as a conduit for receiving and delivering mail.  I have used webmail in a few 'emergency' situations where a suitable device was unavailable to me, or IMAP or SMTP servers were not working properly as I traveled.  I highly recommend the use of a mail client of your choosing. I also recommend having email accounts with more than one supplier.

NFtoBC

dolf
Friendly Neighbour

One thing Telus tech did was to install another version of their webmail. This one seem to keep the attachments and doesn't log me off when I visit another website but continues to insert script into the mail when copy/paste into it, even a text in the same mail, so I continue using a notepad for that. Drawbacks- The address book is awkward to use compared to the old one; inserting a link doesn't work with copy/ paste into the insert tool, one has to use CtrlC/ CtrlV instead, deleting mail from trash can't be done by pages, it's ether individually or all. Some improvements traded for failures. I used to have small companies as IPs and their web mails were flawless, it's really incredible that a large company like Telus is unable to get it right. 

I use Gmail & have no problems. I’d simply stop fighting & wasting your time with webmail, and switch already. Just send all of your contacts your new email address and it’s done. Very simple and stressless!
Good luck & I hope it all works out for you.

Sent from my iPhone 7
Bob

dolf
Friendly Neighbour
I try to stay away from Google as much as I can. I am thinking windows mail, I don't know, is it the same as Hotmail?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

@dolf The techs can't install a new version of webmail. It's on a server. There is only one version of webmail. Out of curiousity what is the new address you were given to access webmail?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

dolf
Friendly Neighbour
It was Telus tech, I knew there were two versions one could choose from preferences. I don't remember how they called them. I kept the default but it was getting worse over the last couple years. They probably deleted that option now because I can't see it there anymore.

dolf
Friendly Neighbour
The same address, the same access, nothing changed. We spent almost 2 hours on chat, he contacted some other higher ups quite frequently.

I found Windows Mail and Windows 10 more than terrible. Personal preference I guess. I’m on a Mac now and love Gmail. In my opinion, Windows in general, sucks. Best of luck to you with whatever you choose.

Sent from my iPhone 7
Bob

Unhappyuser
Just Moved In

I absolutely agree with you.  Tired of this overprice bad service.  My internet is quite slow, the Telus webmail useless.  I opened an BBB case and the company didn't even reply to the case.  I have been for 20 years with this company but it's time to change.  The company is changing anyways, money is more important than customers.

I have seen that the big issue is keeping the Telus email addresses.  I am migrating slowly everything to new email addresses.  And it's quite easy and smooth...

dolf
Friendly Neighbour
I am thinking about the same thing. What about W10 mail with Telus? I mean working with mail while bypassing Telus. My mail address would hopefully stay the same. Is it possible?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@dolf

You can use just about any email client to connect to your Telus email. There was also a discussion a few years ago about keeping one's Telus.net email address for a monthly fee. I believe this is also the case for PureFibre customers, as email is not included in the PureFibre internet packages. You can, of course get a free email address at a number of providers, or create your own for a small annual fee.

NFtoBC