cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus webmail and my google account connection

Rapono
Helpful Neighbour

So my main google account is directly linked to my telus webmail account (I put in my telus email as my username/email when logging into my google account), and I'm worried that moving everything to gmail will negatively affect/possibly compromise my google account. I cannot afford to loose this google account. Anyone know if this is a risk?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have a look at these instructions
Some folks have had difficulty with maintaining two Gmail accounts with the same telus.net address, but this differentiation should address the issue.

See these as well.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have a look at these instructions
Some folks have had difficulty with maintaining two Gmail accounts with the same telus.net address, but this differentiation should address the issue.

See these as well.

NFtoBC

Rapono
Helpful Neighbour

I so scared of things going very very wrong and losing important emails/having conflicts with my existing google account that I'm trying to see how long I can get away with still using the webmail service. Anyone have any idea?

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

No issues so far aside from having to be logged into my non-Telus gmail account to use Google Docs.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Rapono
Helpful Neighbour

Anyone know if the folders I have in webmail will also transfer over in the gmail move? I have alot of very important emails I can't risk losing in some of them.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

As a backup, and for certainty, you could:

• export them to your computer
  • if using a mail application, place them in a local folder in the app
  • place them back in the inbox

NFtoBC

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Lots of folders for me and they all were migrated. As mentioned a backup is a good idea.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.