Telus not holding up their end of contract

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident
Long story short, Telus called and offered a deal on a smarthub. Decided to go ahead with it, they made sure I knew call was being recorded for the contract sake. Cancel our old internet and send equipment back, smart hub shows up and doesn't work. After a few hours on the phone, it's now working. Next day, not working again and after an hour or two on the phone, they tell me 1 out of the 3 towers in my area doesn't offer this plan so I can either send back the hub, or keep it and have intermittent service. Really? Am I wrong to think they should have to provide me with internet at the speeds promised seen as I've entered into a contract with them? Thinking maybe I'll seek legal advice as I feel they should have to uphold their end of the contract, if I had a crappy excuse to try get out of it I'm sure it wouldn't fly for them!
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Y'know, working with radio is not a perfect science, and often discovery is made by trial and error, which appears the case in your instance, based on your description. Other than moving the hub to a location in your house where it will not connect to the unprovisioned tower, there is little they can do.

Legally, you are made whole by a refund of your payment.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Ambassador

BS, if TELUS contacted him telling him the service is available when obviously it's not is just incompetence on their part.