Telus mail services down? Now restored.

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Is anyone else unable to access Telus email services? I can't access through my mail programs (computer or phone) or the webmail service.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
totalewired
Resident

Yes mine is not working either

polecat
Rockstar

It out in Creston  too. 320 pm

Sunwalks
Resident

Out in Clearwater as well.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Same here. When I try testing the connection it points to webmail2.telus.net which is responding to pings just fine but no content coming out of either URL. Neither IMAP or POP connection works.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
canucks4life
Ambassador

Looks like only SMTP working here...

Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

oneoldsage
Neighbour

Same here in Kelowna. 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

It's back at 4:15 PDT. I was just asked to update my recovery email, and password upon logging in to webmail.  Seems there were a few behind the scenes changes.

NFtoBC
xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Yes, I too had problems at 4pm PST.  But it's working now.

canucks4life
Ambassador

POP service appears to be down again just keeps rejecting login.

rebdan
Resident

I have been having this problem on and off for months. This morning, my email was fine and this afternoon it was out and is now mysteriously back on. I couldn't get on to webmail either and then both webmail and apple mail came back on at the same time. When I call Telus, they tell me it's my email client or my computer or anything which absolves Telus. But from these postings, it seems like this is not just my issue and does have something to do with what Telus is doing and either their representatives don't know about it or they are unwilling to say so.

Would appreciate whatever feedback or ideas others have.

Dimo-X

Hey Gang! There was indeed a bit of a hiccup/issue with email services earlier and it's been since resolved! Cheers.

canucks4life
Ambassador

Anymore updates on what is going on with mail services...takes me at least 2-3 times now to get proper server authentication?

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Telus webmail has been fine for me.... and is OK right now.

But an hour ago... I notice one phone showed a password issue.  Hopefully the gremlins are gone.

canucks4life
Ambassador

Anyone else having SMTP issues this morning?

Task '**********@telus.net - Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Working for me.

NFtoBC
xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum
Just sent an email to myself on the phone. It works.
polecat
Rockstar

To xl and nf to bc  I keep getting an email about email down. Not mine  my reply was in June this year It keeps reappearing who knows why. Should be removed as it is outdated blog. Old posts should be removed. Up to me ?????? polecat.

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum
I recommend locking the topic. New outages should have new posts.
canucks4life
Ambassador

You can easily update your Email subscription settings...takes 30 seconds.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@polecat

You can change your preferences so you don't receive these emails:

Profile (upper right corner of screen) > Settings > Preferences > and uncheck "Automatically Subscribe me...."

NFtoBC