cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus home page should not use "the Province" for news aticles

GTO
Just Moved In

I like the telus home page. One compaint I have is when looking at articles I cannot look at the vancouver sun articles as they ask me for a payment to suscribe to proceed. Pls use another source for your articles

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nasty
Rockstar

If the paywall is dependent on 'cookies', delete your Province/Vancouver-Sun(or other) cookies.

What online newspapers do is to place a cookie that never expires in your browser. They then allow 10-30 free article views, then kick in the paywall.

Nice online news sites will tell you that they are counting free articles til the paywall.

I've also found that articles that fully block any views without payment, I see if they have a mobile site version and use that. Sometime I have to change my browsers uer agent to gain access to mobile if the site does a browser check.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

nasty
Rockstar

If the paywall is dependent on 'cookies', delete your Province/Vancouver-Sun(or other) cookies.

What online newspapers do is to place a cookie that never expires in your browser. They then allow 10-30 free article views, then kick in the paywall.

Nice online news sites will tell you that they are counting free articles til the paywall.

I've also found that articles that fully block any views without payment, I see if they have a mobile site version and use that. Sometime I have to change my browsers uer agent to gain access to mobile if the site does a browser check.

View solution in original post