Telus has jumped the shark

Woodstock
Helpful Neighbour

The backdoor rate increase cutting the bundle discount rate was bad enough. Total lack of customer service responsiveness is the final straw. Outdated technology, service cutbacks, outrageous rate hikes to support fibre for Vancouver and nowhere else, and total disregard for service, after signing a "Service Agreement" to boot. Loyalty means nothing to Telus, so it will no longer mean anything to me either. Teksavvy just cut their internet rates AGAIN, time to tell the big guys where to go.

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
New developments of course will have easier access to FTTH. Since it is easier to run, then existing wired neighbourhoods. It's no small task to upgrade older areas but is being done.

Like any new technology there is always a cost. It's like any business there is a fine line of charges vs churn. I'd sooner pay a few dollars a month extra now then 5 years from now when costs will surely go up to build out FTTH.

Consumers demand for data still has not peaked and more and more bandwidth is being consumed. 4K content is just the start of the higher demand. The fibre buildout will be future ready.

Telus has invested heavily in upgrading their network for the future. It's not an overnight project but the end result will be worth it.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

All Replies
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Fibre in Vancouver only?  I believe you to be uninformed.

Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 3.52.15 PM.png

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Foonus
Ambassador

Really sucks all customers are paying for the cost of Fiber network meanwhile most of us won't see it in our neighborhoods, even in major cities for another 5 years plus. They really seem to be picking and choosing richest neighborhoods first 😞  Good luck seeing anything before 2020 if you are in East Edmonton.

Most Helpful
WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
New developments of course will have easier access to FTTH. Since it is easier to run, then existing wired neighbourhoods. It's no small task to upgrade older areas but is being done.

Like any new technology there is always a cost. It's like any business there is a fine line of charges vs churn. I'd sooner pay a few dollars a month extra now then 5 years from now when costs will surely go up to build out FTTH.

Consumers demand for data still has not peaked and more and more bandwidth is being consumed. 4K content is just the start of the higher demand. The fibre buildout will be future ready.

Telus has invested heavily in upgrading their network for the future. It's not an overnight project but the end result will be worth it.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

Woodstock
Helpful Neighbour

Whew, so glad that I'm uninformed and that Burnaby, Coquitlam. Port MoodyRichmond, Delta, Tsawwassen, New Westminster, Maple Ridge, Langley, is on the verge of getting fibre:

We're not quite there yet

TELUS PureFibre services aren't available in your area yet.

But very relieved that the metropolis of Grand Forks is on the list, thank you so much NFtoBC for setting me straight! 

Quite frankly I don't care about fibre because I'll never be able to afford it. I do care though about non-existent "customer service" for existing customers, while backdooring yet another rate increase during the term of a one-way contract, sorry "service agreement".

On the bright side, I did finally get a call back, 5 1/2 hours after I called "support"! Yeah!

Foonus
Ambassador

@WestCoasterBC wrote:

Like any new technology there is always a cost. It's like any business there is a fine line of charges vs churn. I'd sooner pay a few dollars a month extra now then 5 years from now when costs will surely go up to build out FTTH....

I could accept this but:

A) The lines to be run here in this area are overhead drop.. its hella lot easier (and cheaper) to run overhead lines in a poor neighborhood than it is to install underground lines in ANY neighborhood. The issue obviously lies with how much of this money they would recover, and how fast.

B) Actually wouldn't mind the rate increase if the Technology was available in this area (Edmonton East), but as per schedule it won't be here for up to 5 years...  so while stuck with DSL I would be paying for people to enjoy their fiber. Which brings me to point C..

C) Will  likely have moved away from this slum part of town within 5 years, so ended up paying for nothing.

Also noted whey you say "as in any Business"...you are looking at it from a business perspective, however customers look at it from a SERVICE perspective, as you can see by the latest few threads in this forum, SERVICE is obviously an issue when too much focus is put on Business and profitability.