cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus emaul

DWExercise
Neighbour
I keep getting logged out of my Telus webmail on my Mac when I click to read an email. Sporadic problem. Any ideas?
9 REPLIES 9

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you chosen the "Remember Me" option, and added your login to keychain?

I use Apple mail without problems, downloading emails to my Mac, so only occasionally use webmail.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

Thanks for the reply. It happens after I've logged in and am just reading emails. It logs me out while I'm trying to open an email. I do use remember me.

I am having the same problem as you are.  I even rebooted my modem and that didn't help either.  Anyone else having this problem?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Rebooting the modem won't have any impact on this. It's either a session error or timeout server side, or the cookies in the browser aren't being read properly or expire too fast. When I log in to webmail and examine the cookies I see two expire in one year and the authorization cookie (valid password uesd + remember me) expires in 48 hours.

How fast is it timing out on you? Seconds? Minutes?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

The logon seems to work fine. It opens up showing the inbox. Once I click on an email to open it, you are instantly back at the login screen with the remembered password. It's a bit like Groundhog Day.

Looks like the system is under maintenance.... I haven't been able to sign in the last hour.

http://www.telus.com/error_pages/webmail/service_unavailable.html

OK it's working for me now after retrying a dozen times.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I was able to log in earlier and had no issues. Loaded a message fine. Waited a few minutes then tried another message. All worked. (Chrome, Windows)

Which browser are you using? Any settings or plugins that may be messing with cookies?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@DWExercise wrote:
The logon seems to work fine. It opens up showing the inbox. Once I click on an email to open it, you are instantly back at the login screen with the remembered password. It's a bit like Groundhog Day.

Just tested this morning; had no problems.

If I recall the movie, you have to get your day right to escape............

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"