cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus boost wifi not working with ethernet switch

Arvan
Neighbour

I recently picked up a Tp link ethernet switch (TL-SG1008D) to use with my telus wifi booster and a few other devices. I have run into a problem though, when I connect JUST the wifi booster to the switch it works fine. But If I connect something else such as my ps3 or optik tv box the booster stops working and my phone wont even connect to it the booster.

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Is the switch connected to the main Telus router or is the switch only connected to the Boost?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

the ethernet switch is connected to the t3200m modem, and the boost is connected to the ethernet switch

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

That in theory should work fine. The TL-SG1008D is a standard unmanaged gigabit switch so I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work, unless there's a hardware issue. If you don't connect the Boost, but connect at least two other devices by ethernet to that switch, are there any connection issues with the connected devices?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I have the same exact issue. In my case the boost works for a few days and then the whole switch stops working (no internet to the connected devices)

The boost connected directly to the Telus hub works flawless.

Any ideas? I have to connect 4 boosts to my Telus hub and there are only 2 vacant ports.