cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus ask me to return a nonexistent equipment

Rick5
Just Moved In

Hi everyone. I cancelled my Internet/tv/home phone service at the end of March, and returned all equipment listed in the notice. A few days ago, I received an new box in which Telus asks me to return an equipment without a serial number. When I called Telus, they told me that the equipment is a booster to increase my signal intensity. I never complained any issue about signal intensity and the technician also didn't told me that he installed a booster for me when he came by my house. I paid my bill via MasterCard, not online, so even didn't noticed what equipment listed in my account. Oh my goodness, how can I return something that I never borrowed. But if I can't, Telus will charge me $150 that is very close to a credit they gave me. Now  I am very frustrated that is same feeling as the last year when Telus told me that I used 80 GB data per day and took extra money from me. I am wondering how to ask Telus to correct this mistake.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I would suggest a call to Telus, and very politely ask for a clear description (including model number) of the device that they are looking for, and if it was not installed in your dwelling, again ask for your account to be adjusted.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
@Rick5 I'm assuming they installed a wifi range extender https://www.actiontec.com/products/home-networking/wcb3000n or web6000q. You received a wcb3000n for no extra charge, with internet 50 when they had a promo. Not sure when you had your service installed.

What internet plan did you subscribe to? Have you noticed the device in the link above in your home.

Hi WestCoasterBC. Thank you very much. I got the promotion plan around 7 month ago that covers Internet/TV/telephone. I didn't remember the speed of the internet, but I got a modem, two tv boxes. My house is a bungalow, the modem was in my basement. One high definition tv box was on the main floor and another regular one was in the basement. I have checked all locations and every possible cable, there is no such an equipment in my house. It is unfair that Telus can do anything that they claim, but customers have to comply their unreasonable conditions. Any help is welcome. Thanks in advance.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I would suggest a call to Telus, and very politely ask for a clear description (including model number) of the device that they are looking for, and if it was not installed in your dwelling, again ask for your account to be adjusted.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post