cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus ZTE Router Port Forwarding Help?

Oilfielddude
Just Moved In
Hey guys, I have the Telus smart hub, service strength is great. But on my Xbox1 my nat type is strict, and I can't find any guides to port forwarding or anything to enable my Xbox to get through to an open nat type, any help would be appreciated
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

There is an old existing discussion for it here, though no real answers. The ZTE routers are not set up like a regular router you'd see with a DSL or fibre connection. They are pretty restricted. Based on the other discussion it seems they may not have a public IP either. If that's the case, without it port forwarding would be useless if even possible.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

There is an old existing discussion for it here, though no real answers. The ZTE routers are not set up like a regular router you'd see with a DSL or fibre connection. They are pretty restricted. Based on the other discussion it seems they may not have a public IP either. If that's the case, without it port forwarding would be useless if even possible.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post