cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus V1000h

H0meUser
Just Moved In

Hello,

Just out of curiosity should they still be distributing V1000s? The guy from QX technologies (On of the companies telus sends over) gave me one of these when my internet wasnt working right and told me it was the newest model which I know for a fact is BS. Should Telus repairmen even be giving these things out anymore? They are old and don't have all the functions I need like Port Bridging. When I asked him for the T1200 he said "that's an old model we don't have those anymore" The telus rep on the phone said there would be a charge for replacing the modem, Is this the case?

Thanks,

H0meUser

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The QX tech is likely right in that the T1200H is an old model that they don't use any more, but I'm not sure at all why he is passing the even older V1000 as the current model. Telus has been rolling out the T3200M as their most recent gateway for all their high speed internet & Optik TV installs, as it has the Wireless component for the TV built in. If you have internet only, I can see them offering either the 1200 or 2200 (for bonded copper),as a gateway.

Not at all sure about fees to upgrade the gateway. You'd have to delve deeper on that one.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The QX tech is likely right in that the T1200H is an old model that they don't use any more, but I'm not sure at all why he is passing the even older V1000 as the current model. Telus has been rolling out the T3200M as their most recent gateway for all their high speed internet & Optik TV installs, as it has the Wireless component for the TV built in. If you have internet only, I can see them offering either the 1200 or 2200 (for bonded copper),as a gateway.

Not at all sure about fees to upgrade the gateway. You'd have to delve deeper on that one.

NFtoBC

Thanks for the reply,

Im thinking of just calling them and paying whatever fee they charge and upgrading the modem. At any rate ill ask them to insure its not a QX person who comes because everyone I know who had them come(myself included) Have been extremely unsatisfied with their service. Does the T3200M have all the function like port briding on it?

Thanks,

h0meUser

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes, Port Bridging is included in the T3200M, as is Band Steering.  A number of us have just added a second router on a separate subnet without bridging to good effect.

NFtoBC