cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus MyWifi App does not show me ability to turn on Guest Wifi - no "Guest Wifi" label

Harold1
Just Moved In

I would like to turn on a guest wifi network

Online help shows the wifi tab in the mywifi app having a "Guest Wifi" label the user can click on

But I when I go to that screen (pleas see attachment) - I don't see "Guest Wifi" label - is there something special I need to do?

Please see attachment and thank you very much

Haroldmywifi_no_guest.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Apps often have only a subset of full functionality of a device. I usually use the on-device web interface for managing my router, as there are far more options for managing it. Go to 192.168.1.254, and use the Admin login credentials to manage the device, and you’ll have better success!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Apps often have only a subset of full functionality of a device. I usually use the on-device web interface for managing my router, as there are far more options for managing it. Go to 192.168.1.254, and use the Admin login credentials to manage the device, and you’ll have better success!

NFtoBC

xray
Hero

It's strange how your app doesn't even show the 2.4 GHz and 5GHz WiFi bands.

• What router do you have?
  • What version is your app?
  • What device are you running the app on?

My WiFi.jpg

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@xray 

I’m not seeing those options either, but am connected through Boost Wi-Fi, not the T3200, which may be one reason the guest Wi-Fi does not show.

@Harold1 

Are you using the Boost Wi-Fi extenders? If so, you’ll need to connect to your T3200M instead.

NFtoBC

I didn't think it mattered what I was connected to because I wasn't even at home when I took that screenshot of the app. I was on the WiFi at work.

Hi everyone that replied, thank you all very much.

I just went to 192.168.1.254 and was able to create guest wifi network there, solved my problem.

Thank you all, all the best Harold