cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus/Google not allowing search?

TelusUser1957
Organizer

Why do I get this page when searching, for hotel reservations for example, on Google? Page says "Service Not Allowed"....

TelusUser1957_0-1719013593927.png

Larger type.......

We are sorry, but you do not have access to Search and Assistant. Some reasons why you may not have access:

• Your account is managed by an organization that has this service turned off for its users.
  • Your account may be temporarily disabled by your organization’s admin.
  • Your Google Workspace subscription may no longer be active.

To access this Google service, you may want to try signing in with a different account. If you still need support, contact your organization's admin

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Has been discussed at great length on the forums. Telus.net email accounts, while they may use Google, are not regular Google Gmail accounts and do not have access to all Google features.

Shortest instructions:

1. Log out of the Telus email account on Google.

2. Log in to your main Google/Gmail account.

3. Then log in to your Telus email account on Google second. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

If you are completely logged out of the Telus.net account, you shouldn't have any issues with Google then.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

OK, thanks. Works fine now......From your previous reply, I assumed I needed to sign into a Gmail account, which I don't have. I don't get that message on every search...just certain ones.

Thanks again!🙂

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Has been discussed at great length on the forums. Telus.net email accounts, while they may use Google, are not regular Google Gmail accounts and do not have access to all Google features.

Shortest instructions:

1. Log out of the Telus email account on Google.

2. Log in to your main Google/Gmail account.

3. Then log in to your Telus email account on Google second. 

Thanks. The only Google account I use is my @telus.net. I don’t have a gmail account.

If you are completely logged out of the Telus.net account, you shouldn't have any issues with Google then.

OK, thanks. Works fine now......From your previous reply, I assumed I needed to sign into a Gmail account, which I don't have. I don't get that message on every search...just certain ones.

Thanks again!🙂