cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Deceiving & Overcharging Customers

Ezio
Neighbour

I had two 4K PVR boxes installed last month and was specifically told that there were no installation or rental fees (since I've been a Telus customer for over 15 years) and I obviously wouldn't have upgraded if they were going to charge me. But that's exactly what they did.

On my bill there's a $30 rental fee for the boxes.

But that's just the start. I was charged a cool $106.33 as a "partial charge" for upgrading my TV plan. I chatted with a customer agent (after giving up waiting 2 hours on the phone) and she was absolutely clueless and the only answer she had was "I understand".

After I got a little annoyed she abruptly ended the chat. That has happened to me before too. I don't understand what TELUS is paying these agents for or perhaps its company policy to treat customers like s**t & shut them up if they start asking questions. Absolutely shameful.

Calling TELUS one last time right now to resolve this issue, and if not switching to Shaw tomorrow.

5 REPLIES 5

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

It is news to me that Telus will install more than one 4K PVR, as my understanding is they would conflict with each other on your system. The usual installation is 1 PVR and a number wireless set top boxes.

You didn't describe what the changes were to your account - did you need to upgrade your internet at the same time?  Also, don't forget that you would be billed for the first partial month, plus the upcoming month in advance for your telecommunications services.

I've never had a CSR hang up on me, but then again, I treat them as I would want them to treat me. Sometimes you need to explain things a few different ways, or ask appropriate questions to get to the appropriate end point.

You can see hardware pricing here. The $30 you mention only makes sense if you are being charged for a partial month and the month in advance.  Have you looked at your detailed bill to see all the charges?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Yes, its one PVR and one wireless box, but as I mentioned before when I ordered it I specifically asked if there were any monthly fees and I was told No.

I'm well aware they bill you in advance for the month, so I had already paid from Apr to may in April and in my may billing I was charged: 

Cancelled: You Pick 15 & Movies combo
(from Apr 06 to May 04)    $106.33

As per my understanding they are charging me $106.33 for 1 day of services when I upgraded on April 6 & the regular billing for that month. It doesn't make any sense.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Ezio wrote:

I'm well aware they bill you in advance for the month, so I had already paid from Apr to may in April and in my may billing I was charged: 

Are you certain that is not a credit?

NFtoBC

Quite certain. This would be a credit:

Cancelled: Hollywood Suite Premium Movie
Pack (from Apr 06 to May 04) -$5.80

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Ezio wrote:

So you have a cancelled entertainment pak with a $106.33 charge. Interesting.......... looks like a straightforward error!  This should likely be a credit.

NFtoBC