cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Bundle Discount to be discontinued Jan 21 2018

canucks4life
Leader
39 REPLIES 39

@NFtoBC True, the money has to come from either the shareholders or the customer base. Companies want as little funding as possible to come from the shareholder, making the client base the first choice.

The issue to many customers is the ridiculously high price charged within the Canadian and US markets. It can be argued government regulator actions, or lack of action, are not in the best interest of the public, focusing on benefits to the industry. Both the CRTC and the FCC have allowed the current high pricing/profit situation to develop. The move in the US to end net-neutrality is a situation that Canadian ISPs lust for, hopefully the Commission will not allow it.  

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Skiddy

I’ve often stated: “Capitalism is not a form of government.” Though it seems to be the leading goal in North America just now.  There has been great pressure to avoid public expenditure for such infrastructure, leading to the situation we now see.  I blame a lot on our proximity to the Excited States, blinding us to other options, as seen in other countries.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

Trust me u will have it soon

They are ugrading to fibre like crazy and their goal is to have all province completed by 2019

As for now call loyalty department thru customer service.they will work with u and give u a discount off each service

morfao
morfao 

@morfao wrote:
Trust me u will have it soon

They are ugrading to fibre like crazy and their goal is to have all province completed by 2019

As for now call loyalty department thru customer service.they will work with u and give u a discount off each service

Wherd did you get this little tidbit of information?  There's No Way they can have the whole province done by the end of next year, maybe the cities but not the smaller rural areas like where I'm living.

I retired from OP Engineering 2 years ago, we'll bee lucky to have Optik in 5 years, GPON here is not happening anytime soon. 

C'est moi...

I wouldn't be so hard on Shaw. I live in Surrey the fastest growing and one day largest city in BC. There is no Fibre internet in my neighbourhood right now or the foreseeable future! Shaw offers 150 Mbps down and delivers full train rate of 178 Mbps 24/7. Cable internet is a very real competitor to Fibre. With the implementation of Docsis 3.0 Shaw could offer 1 Gbps speeds. Telus's adoption of Fibre is marketed to consumers as higher speeds but the real motivation is to reduce long term costs. Fibre eliminates most end point service calls and also elimnates costly switching equipment repairs.

It is impressive Shaw has been able to deliver 150Mb service over existing copper...unfortunately Telus really has an uphill battle especially in urban areas needing strata condo approval to pull their Fibre cables in suite not expecting any infrastructure upgrade anytime soon here Cat Indifferent

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@canucks4life wrote:

It is impressive Shaw has been able to deliver 150Mb service over existing copper...

Coax can carry considerably more bandwidth than twisted pair. Shaw has been able to capitalize on their coaxial infrastructure, and has been able to use their pre-existing infrastructure for the last mile.

NFtoBC

Shaw can only manage 15 up though.

Yeah, yeah, yeah! I’ve been TELUS user since before TELUS!  (Anyone remember BC Tel and 'the Boot' on Kingsway?). I’m 'older', eh.  I love the new technology, appreciate the newish fibre in Kelowna, and just hope I can keep paying for it all!  An hour and a half waiting to talk to an agent withTelus, was truly AWFUL today! Take care all.

Why would you wait to talk to an agent? TELUS has a call back system in place, used it last week on a repair issue. Estimate was for over an hour wait, and sure enough, about an hour later the phone rang and there was the agent. Total wait time for me about three or four minutes. 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Skiddy,

I, too, have used call back (Mobility), but it is not always offered, particularly when wait times are deemed to be short.  I also believe there is a difference between corporate (business) accounts, and consumer accounts.

NFtoBC

Everytime I've called I've always been given the callback option.

Same here always get the option to get call back

@JanisTwrote:

Yeah, yeah, yeah! I’ve been TELUS user since before TELUS!  (Anyone remember BC Tel and 'the Boot' on Kingsway?). I’m 'older', eh.  I love the new technology, appreciate the newish fibre in Kelowna, and just hope I can keep paying for it all!  An hour and a half waiting to talk to an agent withTelus, was truly AWFUL today! Take care all.

Telus was the name the company adopted after dropping BC Tel. I lived less than 1km from "the boot" and the building didn't look like "a boot" until the lower building was constructed. Also, wireless mobility and Internet DSL over twisted pair didn't exist then. 56Kbps (as in KILOBITS) over phone lines were the norm.

You should try chatting with a customer service agent online. At least then you can surf the net while waiting.

The boot always looked like a boot due to it's shape, the addition was nicknamed the slipper.

When BCTel merged with the phone company in Alberta (named TELUS at the time)  they took on the TELUS name.  For employees and customers, it's been all downhill ever since...

Dwatch
Neighbour
Yeah not happy. These bundles were good, and gave telus an edge. Now they offer 1gb of free mobile data for 2yrs..... should be at least 10gb.

There needs to be a better perk than that for bundling service

Phantom1975
Connector

Not really a shock as more and more folks drop the landline more and more provides are moving away from the old "Bundle" 

noloyalty
Just Moved In

Thank you Zainul Mawji for your note to inform me that Telus would no longer be offering bundle discounts. or more precisely, my monthly Telus payments would be increasing $20.00  As you've let us know it has to do with upgrading products and services, but in my experience whenever there is an upgrade it comes at a price.  If I wish to upgrade my services it will be made available to me at an additional cost.  Quite a feat to have your customers pay to develop and to use.  However I have my doubts about the  reasons behind the bundle removal, at the end of the day it is a quick and easy way to increase profits at the expense of your clients and increase dividends to your stock holders.

Fortunately I have a choice.  I can continue to use your services or I can go elsewhere.  I choose elsewhere.  I will be cancelling my TV services, which will be a grain of sand for Telus, but i'm guessing there are a few more people that will do likewise.