Telus 3200M

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

Hi, I was recently upgraded to the Telus 3200M network modem, since the install I constantly (every time the xbox is powered on)  have to unplug the modem to get the Xbox 1 to be able to connect to the network. It is hard wired in CATV, so not Wifi and I have fiber optic connection at 250MBPS.

Is this an issue with the type of modem or are there optimum settings for the modem. 

Yes I have tried different ports in the modem

Yes I have tried new cable (replaced full length with long patch cord)

I have had previous experience with modems/routers not matching with Xbox connection.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you getting an error message when it fails to connect over ethernet?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

There have been a number of users describing problems with connecting to Xbox using coax. Is your  device using coax or Ethernet?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Helpful Neighbour

I've had the same issue with mine ever since I was upgraded to the T3200M a few weeks ago.  The connection (hardwired with Ethernet to the modem) will work fine, but when I go to turn things on the next morning, the LAN port that the Xbox connects to is just dead.  No lights on indicating traffic moving through the port and it will not work (for the Xbox or anything else) until I reboot the modem.

I'm at a complete loss for what to do - because everything else has been working great.  As much of a pain as it's been, I am kind of relieved to see other people that are having the same issue - so it's certainly not a one-off (have tried contacting support and keep being told that they think it's the Xbox causing the issue, even though it's the modem that stops working properly).

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

If the port appears dead it can be from either end. If you can plug another device / computer in to the ethernet cable or port the Xbox is connected to and it has no issues at all, the issue will likely be with the Xbox. It still wouldn't hurt to contact Xbox Support just in case it's an issue they've been encountering lately.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Helpful Neighbour

Now that I'm thinking of it - it only stops working after the Xbox has been powered off for a while.  I reboot the modem, everything is fine.  Shut down things at the end of the day and by the time I start back up in the morning, the port doesn't come back on with everything else.

I have been meaning to test it with a laptop or something and run through the same process, but haven't had much of a chance to do so just yet.  That said, the description of the problem I'm having matches the original poster's issue to a tee.  About the only difference is that I don't have a fibre connection (on Internet 50).