cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technicians never show up

icrashlots
Neighbour

Hi,

I was just curious as to why, out of the 3 appointments I've made for internet service to be installed over the last few years, not once has a technician ever actually shown up to do the install?

Does Telus have install techs? Does Telus actually provide internet service?

I can only assume that Telus exists only as an elaborate ruse to massively waste people's time, since I have yet to see any evidence of any actual service being provided.

Thanks for nothing.

5 REPLIES 5

icrashlots
Neighbour

I've got this crazy idea, here's how it goes:

Once a customer agrees to have internet service connected + provided by TELUS, and the installation for said service is scheduled, maybe TELUS could actually have a technician come and install the service! I know this would be a break from the status quo and would make TELUS just another company that actually provides a service, but wouldn't it be weird to get what you expect when you schedule an install?!

The backstory is that I've been stood up for 3 scheduled installs for TELUS internet. Thanks TELUS, for wasting my time, AGAIN!

Amyj
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

Please reach out to us over social media ( twitter @telussupport or TELUS facebook messenger ) so a team member can ask more questions and make sure this gets addressed. Thanks!

You want me to reach out over social media? ...Is this a joke? I've spent hours talking to TELUS employees. I've spent entire DAYS waiting for TELUS to honour appointments that TELUS scheduled. I've been called to the point of harassment until I've given in and tried again, and I've been apologized to and assured that this wouldn't happen again. I called the last sales guy back after being stood up for my appointment for the 3rd time, and he did not even have the courtesy to return my call. You want me to reach out on social media to make sure this gets addressed...what was wrong with all the other forms of communication that failed? They seemed pretty solid, but here we are, and you want me to reach out on social media. This isn't funny at all, but your suggestion is absolutely laughable. WOW!!!

Amyj
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, this is a community comprised of TELUS clients who share ideas and ask questions. Your problem requires a TELUS team member to look into this for you which cannot be done here. If you reach out over Twitter or Facebook a team member will ensure this is escalated to the proper management team. Thanks! 

icrashlots
Neighbour

Yes, this is a repost since my original one was moved and made into a reply to another comment I posted in the forum. Seems like TELUS is trying to hide suggestions they don't like. This is a real and very relevant suggestion. Original post:

I've got this crazy idea, here's how it goes:

Once a customer agrees to have internet service connected + provided by TELUS, and the installation for said service is scheduled, maybe TELUS could actually have a technician come and install the service! I know this would be a break from the status quo and would make TELUS just another company that actually provides a service, but wouldn't it be weird to get what you expect when you schedule an install?!

The backstory is that I've been stood up for 3 scheduled installs for TELUS internet. Thanks TELUS, for wasting my time, AGAIN!