Did you mean: 

TV ,Phone & Internet

NightHawk007
Organizer

A few questions 

1. Can i use my own router 

2. Can the the TV's be wired instead of useless wifi 

3. Can the phone also be hardwired instead of useless wifi 

4 What is the total cost after the 6 months is another question .

5 What is the cost of a full English tv package  

14 REPLIES 14

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
  1. Yes, but you may have to bridge the Telus supplied Actiontec device depending on the router you choose, and it you are on Fibre or not.
  2. Yes, but they generally work well if a sufficiently strong Wi-Fi signal is available.
  3. Yes.
  4. Would depend on the package you choose.
  5. How full? You can add dozens of additional English language channels.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

What kind of answer is that .The answers did not answer one question 

This is a forum comprised primarily of Telus customers and not an official Telus sales site. So ... questions 4 and 5 cannot be answered here because it truly does depend upon what packages for specific services you decide to go with.  Questions 1 - 3 were in fact answered albeit with short concise answers.  If those answers are not informative enough for you please contact Telus directly via phone, chat, or in person at a Telus store or an affiliated sales location.

Well i guess switching company's now i is out because there is no answers here or on the phone .The bill will go from 220 to 420 after 6 months that is a rip off period Plus the dimwit that installed the drop fibre optic line did a horrible job .If that is how everything is installed the whole thing is a joke .

The other i did not mention is that since the tv phone and internet are ip based if you have 5 tv's viewing hd movie or uhd and you do a speed test you will never get what you paid for never .Does the tv and phone use up your monthly bandwidth cap ..

I know there will never will be an answer because the truth will than be out about telus 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@NightHawk007 wrote:

Does the tv and phone use up your monthly bandwidth cap ..

No, the TV and phone are zero rated as far as bandwidth is concerned.

NFtoBC

Now how is that possible if everything uses same ip 

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

That's how a router works. All connected devices are routed through one IP address and it works. Each service uses a different port number to connect and there are 65,000+ ports that can be used.  See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TCP_and_UDP_port_numbers

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Tell me what this price will be after promo is over telus.JPG

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

You will likely be much much better off talking to someone at Telus directly. I'd recommend calling or chatting with someone in sales.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

That's not true in my experience. The optic tv killed the internet speed to the point it was not usable.

@NightHawk007 wrote:

Does the tv and phone use up your monthly bandwidth cap ..

No, the TV and phone are zero rated as far as bandwidth is concerned.

Sorry, the response above was to NightHawk007

The joys of ip tv internet and phone on one ip 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@John8 wrote:

That's not true in my experience. The optic tv killed the internet speed to the point it was not usable.

That is not the same issue. @NightHawk007 asked about charges for the data consumed to view TV or use the phone.

You are indicating your internet bandwidth is not sufficient to watch the TV you want without decreasing Internet speeds. If you are on VDSL copper service, a certain amount of headroom is allowed to carry the TV in addition to Internet; if you have multiple TV in use, it is likely your internet speeds will be slowed, as the 'pipe' is full. This is less likely to occur on Fibre, as it can carry multiple Gigabits per second.

NFtoBC