#TELUS Public Wifi

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

giantbrownguy
Ambassador

Hey...sorry there isn't a better place to ask the question, but I've been periodically using the public #TELUS wifi while out. Every time I connect, it says it will send me an email within 10 minutes to validate me, but I never receive the email. Anyone have any ideas about or know where to go for help?

Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus once had two different public products, one for customers and one for the general public. I have connected to both, but since they have dropped the one exclusively for customers, I've only had to give my email address, and have not needed to validate.

Are you able to connect to the 'net?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
giantbrownguy
Ambassador
It tells me if I don't verify by email, I'll lose access in 10 minutes, though that hasn't seemed to happen yet.
Community Power User
Community Power User

@giantbrownguy

Here's a link to a Telus article. Note that #TelusDirect has been dropped since this was written by @Fabylous. The article does not mention having to confirm your connection, and I don't recall ever having to do so.

NFtoBC
giantbrownguy
Ambassador

Odd. It's a pop up I see every time I connect. 

Community Power User
Community Power User
I would forget the saved connections that were stored. Then next time connect to it again (as a new connection). See what the results of that are.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Boppinbobby
Neighbour
Living in Abbotsford I haven't had a chance to use it. The one hour spot I found we tried and the email appeared the next day. The mall has two in close proximity and none covering the rest. The coverage compared to the competition is definitely lacking. Are there plans to expand the service?
Community Power User
Community Power User

Given that the competitor's connections are mostly for use by their customers, with limited public access, and in many instances Telus Wi-Fi is placed in conjunction with an existing Telus Business account holder, AND is completely open to all users, I would expect a slower roll out. Hopefully ever more density will develop. 

NFtoBC