TELUS LTE HUB - Better wifi and better speed?

ustel
Resident

I live in a rural area and I use the Huawei B612 with 500GB/mo plan. I had to spend additional $1,200 on buying a cell signal booster to get enough signal in my house for the LTE hub to function. 

After all this set up, I have realized two things. The built in wifi in the Telus hub is not that good. And the 25mbps speed is not enough. 

For my first problem, is there a way to get the hub into bridged mode so I can use my ASUS router for better wifi signal around the house? 

For my second problem, how can I increase speed past 25mbps? I think Telus throttles the speed to 25mbps for people on the LTE Hub plan. This is ridiculous for me, because after spending $1,200 on the cell signal booster, I can get over 100mbps on my Samsung phone in my house but only 25bps on the hub.

Thanks

Community Power User
Community Power User

Your Asus router may be able to be easily set up as a Wi-Fi access point, rather than a full router if you wish. There also should be no great problem simply using it as a router in addition to the Telus-supplied device, many have done the same with the T3200M used for copper or Fibre connections.

Faster speeds are not available to the Cellular router.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Syaoran
Rockstar

That seems to be a lot of money to spend to get that to happen.  You more than likely could have spent a lot less to import some cell repeaters to achieve the same and not have the Telus artificial limits locking you down to 25Mbit.  It is possible to put your modem into bridge mode to use your router.  You will more than likely have to do it manually by turning off the right settings instead of there just being a click to put into bridge mode, but it is possible.  

LaneN
Connector
How do you put a B612 into bridge mode? Cause I’ve dug into every option and there is no option for specifically bridging. You can DMZ/port forward but NAT can’t be turned off to make it act only as a modem.
k2spirit839
Connector

There is no Bridge mode function on the Huawei b612! The only option is to set your Wireless Router to Bridge mode or Access point mode. I have my Wireless Router set to Bridge mode! I am still able to use as a (WiFi)Access point.