T3200M modem crashes with VPN

Linux-Is-Ransomware-Free
Helpful Neighbour

"there is know issue with this router which will not allow any VPN connection through it no matter what"

---> That can't be true, I've been using VPN with this modem for 3+ years and I have 0 problems. Perhaps my configuration is different than everyone else's, but I've never experienced this issue using VPN with this modem

I suspect the problem occurs with Windows-based systems.

xray
All-Star

@Linux-Is-Ransomware-Free wrote:

---> That can't be true, I've been using VPN with this modem for 3+ years and I have 0 problems. Perhaps my configuration is different than everyone else's, but I've never experienced this issue using VPN with this modem

I suspect the problem occurs with Windows-based systems.

No problems on my Win 10 PC. I've been using a VPN to connect to work for many years, for as long as I've had the T3200M.

Community Power User
Community Power User

My VPN is connecting fine through the T3200M. Computers and phones can all connect to the VPN I use.

@Linux-Is-Ransomware-Free which VPN do you use?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
fuzzuy
Friendly Neighbour
I am connecting using router configuration not Windows based devices
fuzzuy
Friendly Neighbour
I use purevpn and it is configured in router
Linux-Is-Ransomware-Free
Helpful Neighbour

Only the best - ProtonVPN

Where I can use passwords 100+ (base 94) characters in length (which, for mine, I change weekly) and have the option of single or dual-layer global servers through which to connect.

Check them out and see how their dual-layer servers exponentially secure one's connection.

Linux-Is-Ransomware-Free
Helpful Neighbour

Also, I don't set mine up in the gateway - that exposes my VPN settings to prying Telus (admin) eyes - instead, I set mine up per device, which creates encryption from end-to-end - that way, there's no possibility of MITM. Like I said, I change my PW (and username) weekly, it's hard to hit a moving target.