cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T3200M broadcasting Wifi, green lights, no actual wifi connection

Kfunk
Neighbour

So my T3200M has been doing this off and on for several months, every time seems to work again after a simple hardware reset, for a month or so. but it cannot be normal expected operation. both internet and wifi lights are green, all my devices connect to the networks fine. however they cannot access the internet. my PC is hardwired, and connects to the internet just fine. I cannot however access the actiontech gateway, it simply will not come up in the web browser. loading forever.

is this thing a dud? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you can't connect to 192.168.1.254 from your hardwired laptop after a full reset using the pinhole on the rear of the device, I suggest contacting Telus, describing your discoveries and troubleshoot with the goal of obtaining a replacement.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you can't connect to 192.168.1.254 from your hardwired laptop after a full reset using the pinhole on the rear of the device, I suggest contacting Telus, describing your discoveries and troubleshoot with the goal of obtaining a replacement.

NFtoBC

did the full factory reset with a telus support guy on the phone, it works now. he's basically told me its normal to reset the modem once a month.... i am dubious.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I rarely ever have to reset mine. Monthly seems excessive.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Kfunk wrote:

he's basically told me its normal to reset the modem once a month.... i am dubious.

Reboot monthly, maybe. Reset monthly? I agree with @Nighthawk; I may have reset mine once in the past 3 years.

NFtoBC

I dumped mine as a wifi unit after resetting more than twice. I also had similar issues with the wifi extender. 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@giantbrownguy wrote:

I dumped mine as a wifi unit after resetting more than twice. I also had similar issues with the wifi extender. 

Using the Boost Wi-Fi units resolved the Wi-Fi issues I had.

NFtoBC

Same here. 

You should not need to completely trash your network regularly. Complain and they will eventually replace it.

What do you guys recommend as a bridge mode replacement in an apartment setup...I've seen some refurbished Asus WiFi routers online seem to have pretty good reviews with the right firmware.