cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T3200M and Netgear ex2700

Dan87
Neighbour

Hi everyone,

New to Telus and have been having a few issues (I wish my house was wired better) with getting everything set up the way that I want. I was hoping that I could use a TP-Link powerline adapter to set up my optik TV box (it's a 4K VIP5662W), but unfortunately it just doesn't work. It works for about 10 seconds and then I get a big error screen saying that the pvr has lost its internet connection.

What I'm wondering is, has anyone figured out a way to connect this thing to wifi? I found another post about someone trying to get their netgear ex7000 to work but that's about it. 

Basically I would just want to connect the ex2700 to my wifi network, and then use the ethernet port on the bottom to connect to the pvr.

I'm open to other suggestions if anyone has had success with a different piece of hardware though. This just seems the easiest as I can still keep the modem in the basement with my switch and nas and media server, and I don't have to drill any holes in any walls haha.

Thanks,

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Although you can use the Boost devices as a wireless bridge, I am uncertain if they will carry the multicast signal needed for Optik TV.  I guess you could return them if they didn't work.......

If at all possible, taking the time to run Ethernet would likely be the best choice, followed by using a MOCA adapter to run signals along an existing coaxial cable run, followed by some form of Wi-Fi.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Dan87
Neighbour

I just noticed that telus has this "boost wifi" product, which is a bit more expensive but sounds like it might work better.

I'm thinking...

Modem in basement.

First extender on main floor wired to modem.

Second extender upstairs wired to the pvr.

Thoughts?

Dan

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Although you can use the Boost devices as a wireless bridge, I am uncertain if they will carry the multicast signal needed for Optik TV.  I guess you could return them if they didn't work.......

If at all possible, taking the time to run Ethernet would likely be the best choice, followed by using a MOCA adapter to run signals along an existing coaxial cable run, followed by some form of Wi-Fi.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Thanks for the reply! The rep I talked to in one of the telus stores said that using the home boost wifi setup should work, but if it doesn't I think I will look into the moca approach. I am not familiar with it but from what I understand, the idea is you are turning a coax cable into an ethernet cable?

*EDIT*

As it turns out the boost wifi setup works great!