cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T3200M and Airprint

giantbrownguy
Rockstar
Hi everyone,

My parents had their modem replaced with a T3200M by telus. Since it was replaced, the Apple Airprint protocol with their HP printer stopped working. I’m assuming something in the configuration messed up the Bonjour protocol. Has anyone encountered this and found a solution? TIA!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Yes, there often seems a disconnect between the wireless and wired / wireless connections through the T3200M. It is not a Bonjour issue, but much simpler!
I’ve had success with either a second router for all devices on the local network, leaving Optik on the T3200M, but prefer the elegance of Telus’ Boost Wi-Fi product, at about the same price. Either of these options addresses the AirPrint issue.
There’s lots of discussion about the T3200M Wi-Fi issue in the Neighbourhood.
You can also try turning off Smart Steering in wireless settings and see if that helps.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Yes, there often seems a disconnect between the wireless and wired / wireless connections through the T3200M. It is not a Bonjour issue, but much simpler!
I’ve had success with either a second router for all devices on the local network, leaving Optik on the T3200M, but prefer the elegance of Telus’ Boost Wi-Fi product, at about the same price. Either of these options addresses the AirPrint issue.
There’s lots of discussion about the T3200M Wi-Fi issue in the Neighbourhood.
You can also try turning off Smart Steering in wireless settings and see if that helps.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Thanks for the help @NFtoBC

Looks like the printer or iPad was getting confused by the 2.4 vs 5 ghz networks. I shut off the 5 ghz and smartsteering, and am just keeping everything on 2.4. My parents use their network for very little, so Boost wouldn’t be worth it for them. Hopefully this will work. So far so good, but I’m waiting for the printer to go to sleep to test it properly.

I have a Canon MF217W Image Class printer, and mine has been working seamlessly!

Print from my iPad and iPhone with no issues.