cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T3200M WiFi freezing on fibre 150/150

samiam
Coach

I am having problems  with the T3200M WiFi.  2.4 and 5Ghz.  I can browse web pages and things like that.  However, when I do a speedtest.net it frequently freezes on my laptop.  I then have to disable/enable the wifi interface.  It's a newer laptop with an Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 wifi chip.  Works fine on my TPlink AC1750 WiFi router and have used it on other wifi routers.  So there's a problem with T3200M.  I tried different settings on the T3200M and my laptop wifi chip.  Nothing helps.

Telus IPv6 doesn't work on my wifi router.  So in order to get everything working I have to use the T3200M as my router and the TPlink AC1750 as a dumb wireless access point.  Hopefully there will be an eventual firmware fix for this.

2 REPLIES 2

SCo
Ambassador

@samiam wrote:

I am having problems  with the T3200M WiFi.  2.4 and 5Ghz.  I can browse web pages and things like that.  However, when I do a speedtest.net it frequently freezes on my laptop.  I then have to disable/enable the wifi interface.  It's a newer laptop with an Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 wifi chip.  Works fine on my TPlink AC1750 WiFi router and have used it on other wifi routers.  So there's a problem with T3200M.  I tried different settings on the T3200M and my laptop wifi chip.  Nothing helps.

Telus IPv6 doesn't work on my wifi router.  So in order to get everything working I have to use the T3200M as my router and the TPlink AC1750 as a dumb wireless access point.  Hopefully there will be an eventual firmware fix for this.

Glad that you found the work around using TPlink.  I did not had any issue with my desktop 802.11ac Realtek adapter working with T3200M.  

ChrisCK
Connector
Try logging into the admin for the Actiontech T3200M modem and go to advanced settings. Change IPv6 from Stateless to Disabled. Apply settings. Re-test WiFi speeds on Speedtest.net.