T3200M MoCA daily disconnects.

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Kevw
Organizer
I have Optik TV & internet. Simply setup with T3200M feeding PVR via lan and one wireless Optik box. My gaming PC is hardwired via T3200M MoCA connection via coax to ECB6200 then Ethernet to PC. I'm experiencing multiple daily disconnects that last 30 sec - 1min. This is a serious problem because I'm a competitive gamer. The dropped connection has resulted in me being banned from a competitive game server. What is causing the drops? Is the T3200M garbage hardware? Is Telus firmware buggy? Is the IP releasing and renewing? I don't want to call Tech support and wait on hold for a scripted response like try resetting the router. I'm computer savvy so I've tried the obvious.
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Most likely the MoCA connection. Try running straight Ethernet for a while, even if you need to tape it to the baseboards temporarily, and see what happens!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
VEDANT
Connector

I am also having frequent disconnections, it is not only the WiFi but the actually internet. I have a NAS hardwired to the router so I am able to see the log, this also messes with recordings on the PVR.  The internet light is always red on my router, but doesn't necessarily mean the internet is off.  This issue is very frustrating, Telus technicians have visited on 3 occasions to resolve the issue but it persists.  The problem still continues!

Kevw
Organizer
I have setup a network monitoring program on both my gaming PC (Hardwired) and a laptop (2.4Ghz wireless). The program pings Google every 5 seconds. If no response is recieved it records the time and duration of the dropped connection. Within less than 24 hours I have detected 12 internet drops on BOTH computers!!!
VEDANT
Connector

I am having numerous disconnects, the internet light is almost all red. Telus has come many times and they are unable to solve the problem.  The technician said that the red lights means that there are IP conflicts. I may be forced to part ways with Telus if they are unable to solve this issue. It affects the PVR as well and all the shows recorded are botched.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I've had a red internet light on my T3200 and everything worked fine for days. A reboot of the modem later and the red light went away. Not sure what would cause it to stay red in your case though. IP conflict seems rather unlikely as a reboot would force it to grab a new one in the rare chance there was a conflict.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
VEDANT
Connector

I agree with you that a red light is unlikely to be due to an IP conflict, this was the explanation given by the Telus technician.  I have had the light red for almost one week and everything worked fine, no disconnections. I am however having to reboot the modem almost twice per day as the internet goes off as well as connections to the Optic TV boxes.  The Optic TV PVR is hard wired to the modem and this looses connection as well, technicians have checked the wires multiple times. My only solution may be to use my own router in bridge mode, however most of what I have read on the forum seem to indicate that this isn't a smooth and stable process.

rc
Rockstar

Have you looked at the system log on the t3200? There may be some clues to the cause of the outage.

VEDANT
Connector

Thanks, ill review the log.

Kevw
Organizer
Luckily Telus has solved the frequent disconnects for now. The problem started on December 16th, 2017. Telephone technical support supposedly did something remotely to the modem settings. A installer came to the house and rather than replace the coax splitters he used the existing landline jacks and created pseudo LAN ports. I will give Telus credit for a very fast response with a installer available the next day after I reported the problem. Now if only I could get a free port for bonded internet or better yet Fibre internet as promised at sign up.