cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T3200M Internet/Optik TV network drops around same time every night

quattrob
Neighbour

Been having an ongoing issue where I lose all connection/network/internet for 1-2mins.  Internet light turns orange when this happens.  This happens every night around the same time 1am - 2am.  I updated the modem to the latest firmware.. I am at a lost.  I really could use some help pinpointing what is causing this issue.  The disconnecting every night around the same time has been happening for about 2 weeks now.. It would disappear for a week or 2 and then come back randomly.  But when it does it sticks around for a week or 2.  Not sure what's causing it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

quattrob
Neighbour

No one has any ideas? 😞

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Since it always happens at a certain time, call Telus and schedule a service call. There could be equipment in the area that is having an issue. A tech should be able to source the cause of the disconnect.

Thank you for the reply WestCoasterBC.  I am also located in the West Coast specifically in Richmond, BC.  I did call Telus tech support on 2-3 different occassions in the past 3-4 days but they can't really pinpoint what is causing it.  At first they thought it might be the modem trying to update to the latest firmware, we did that but issue still remains.  Now they mentioned that they did something on their end which stops optimization for my line specifically which usually is done daily/nightly.  Hoping that fixes the issue, however I believe the issue is still ongoing.. we'll see.

Thanks.

@quattrob wrote:

Thank you for the reply WestCoasterBC.  I am also located in the West Coast specifically in Richmond, BC.  I did call Telus tech support on 2-3 different occassions in the past 3-4 days but they can't really pinpoint what is causing it.  At first they thought it might be the modem trying to update to the latest firmware, we did that but issue still remains.  Now they mentioned that they did something on their end which stops optimization for my line specifically which usually is done daily/nightly.  Hoping that fixes the issue, however I believe the issue is still ongoing.. we'll see.

Thanks.

I’m having a very similar issue in my condo...shortly after 1am modem will lose bonded DSL sync and re-connect. Telus support rep manually pushed latest firmware 31.164L.13 a couple nights ago however problem still persists.

Is it possible Chromecast devices could be causing issues with T3200M like some others online have had with certain routers?