T3200M Advanced modem info

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Homeguy123
Connector
So I'm getting the T3200m modem installed as I'm upgrading to the internet 100.

I was unable to find in detail the tech specs and details of this modem as Telus does not include a user manual.

So can anyone tell me your experience with this modem and all the settings it has available.

I heard of the band steering and does that work good?

Thanks

Community Power User
Community Power User
There are several hundred settings. My suggestion is to review the options and come back with questions regarding your particular setup.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Homeguy123
Connector
Do you have this modem? If so what are the best settings for the best performance to get the best speeds available?
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

I have mine on the default settings with the exception I turned off band steering. Works very well for me and speeds are higher than what my plan is advertised to be. (25/5 but I get nearly 30/7)

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Homeguy123
Connector
Is band steering not good? I heard this modem has it but should I just keep the two bands separate?
Community Power User
Community Power User
Band steering has caused issues for many users who used it. Most keep it Off, or we bridge and use our own routers. Band steering works better on non Actiontec devices, which seems to be a firmware/software issue on the 3200.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Homeguy123 wrote:
Do you have this modem? If so what are the best settings for the best performance to get the best speeds available?

Default settings. Most information sources cannot provide data to you as fast as you can consume it.  High speed data is more about fulfilling the demands of a number of consumers on your connection, rather than supplying one with blistering speeds.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"