T3200 reset to Default query?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Connector

After the reset to default on a working connection is there any settings I need to set on the t 3200 in order to connect back to my wifi system. The system is sort of working. I am not able to login and so that's my only option left. It appears to not handle all my different connections and I am going to wire some to lower its processing. I see that telus says that's a last resort to default it. 

thanks in advance.. read all your online stuff, just scared to do it. 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

@thall  If you factory reset the modem, all defaults are used again. When the modem was installed there should be a sticker with the information affixed to it, or were given the sticker with the admin (username, password), as well as the SSID and Wifi password.

I always change my login password, SSID and Password, and turn off WPS (WiFi protected setup) and under Wireless Setup i disable (Smart steering) as it seems to cause issues.

Keep in mind if you changed the SSID and password (Default Telus one) to something that wasn't used before. Any device connecting to the modem will need the new SSID and Password entered.

Curious as to why you felt the need to reset it in the first place.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

@thall  If you factory reset the modem, all defaults are used again. When the modem was installed there should be a sticker with the information affixed to it, or were given the sticker with the admin (username, password), as well as the SSID and Wifi password.

I always change my login password, SSID and Password, and turn off WPS (WiFi protected setup) and under Wireless Setup i disable (Smart steering) as it seems to cause issues.

Keep in mind if you changed the SSID and password (Default Telus one) to something that wasn't used before. Any device connecting to the modem will need the new SSID and Password entered.

Curious as to why you felt the need to reset it in the first place.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Connector

thks west coaster.  Wish to be gain access to admin area and learn a bit. Reset to default is my last resort. As a senior with home wireless controls I'm finding the wireless inconsistent. A new gateway has not proven to be more successful.

I am not in the need for speed but do wish reliability. 

Highlighted
Connector

thks for advice, turned out to be a simple solution to my log in problem. The solution was that my password was not strong enough. I did not know that it had to be high to work. I was helped by a Telus tech who was a really personable and knowledgeable guy.

So now I do not have to hard reset the gateway.