T3200 # of devices to manage?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Connector

Two seniors on a T3200 experiencing inconsistent service.

Is my # of devices causing conflicts. 

On my gateway are 1 wired PC , a printer on a home network and 1 coax to my Smart TV with Netflicks.

Upstairs in a standard gyprok home are a laptop, printer and a Sony SRS sound player.

Main floor within 20 feet line of site a Onkio  Tx receiver for sound.

Main floor within 5 feet and 1 wall a Irrigation Caddy sprinkler controller 

Main floor within 10 feet a Daiken envi thermostat for Heatpump 

Wandering about 2 Ipads and two phones.

Main floor not on the modem but adding interference a Rainforest powermonitor

Main floor extender to reach our backyard shop with another Sony sound.

I am now starting to run wire to lessen the process management

Research is all over the map and every artical pads out talking about concrete walls or chicken wire in your stucco.

Just 2 seniors in a 2by4 gyprok two story home.  Is this past the target of the T3200.

Your thoughts pls.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

@thall

Will post in some detail later.

Edit

What sorts of conflicts are you seeing?

While I agree with your plan to hardwire as much as possible, a number of us have seen difficulties, especially with iOS devices trying to connect to other network devices. I could not connect to AirPrint, Home Sharing, Hue lights or August lock with my iPhone or iPad, for instance. I, and others, have set up a separate router for our internal network, leaving the T3200M to address TV offerings.  Works fine with one exception of PikTV not being able to connect to my media files when connected to the T3200M, as the files on on the other subnet.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

@thall

Will post in some detail later.

Edit

What sorts of conflicts are you seeing?

While I agree with your plan to hardwire as much as possible, a number of us have seen difficulties, especially with iOS devices trying to connect to other network devices. I could not connect to AirPrint, Home Sharing, Hue lights or August lock with my iPhone or iPad, for instance. I, and others, have set up a separate router for our internal network, leaving the T3200M to address TV offerings.  Works fine with one exception of PikTV not being able to connect to my media files when connected to the T3200M, as the files on on the other subnet.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Connector

thks again west coaster. as a senior it's nice to know through an open forum that my wireless problems are not mine alone. It would still be of value to me to know if I'm in the minority having 12 devices or clients trying to connect. I was hoping that the new gateway twould solve my conflicts. I am now having different ones. At the point of a new router install it lasted and ran without flaw for 5 days with consistent high numbers of 29 on a 25 service.  On day 5 it dropped everything as if overheated as it took over an hour for it to come back up running. At this point I am trying another new router and it lasted 5 hours before the same. With limited knowledge I started lessening the connections to solve the issue. I still am so happy with Telus as their techs and installers are so easy to talk to eager to help out. I give them a 10 for sure. I am now on day 4 tripping over patch cables but connected.