cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T3200 drops connection on my iPad

giantbrownguy
Leader

Hi guys,

the he title is pretty self explanatory, but suffice it to say, since I got the new modem, my iPad drops the wifi connection when I lock my device. This only happens on my iPad and only on my network. Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I had problems with my iPhone losing connection to my Hue Light hub (but not internet) which I chalked up to an issue with improper connectivity between the 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz and hardwired connections. I ended up simply adding another router for all my networked stuff, leaving the 3200 only for the  Optik TV.

I don't know if this provides any help, but look at the band steering section of the 3200 and see if making adjustments there helps.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I had problems with my iPhone losing connection to my Hue Light hub (but not internet) which I chalked up to an issue with improper connectivity between the 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz and hardwired connections. I ended up simply adding another router for all my networked stuff, leaving the 3200 only for the  Optik TV.

I don't know if this provides any help, but look at the band steering section of the 3200 and see if making adjustments there helps.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

Thanks @NFtoBC! I'll try it. 

Looks like the router configuration wasn't set to auto-select the best channel. Fingers cross, but resetting that seems to have done the trick. Thanks again for the tip.