T1 connection! Fiber optic tho on copper? :P

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Ambassador

Dont get this! two questions! i have a T1 connection. what does that mean?

also my DSL time up is last up 12 hours ago... why?

had everything replaced in and outside the house

Here two pictures! πŸ˜›telus router info.JPGtelus info.JPG

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

No, you do not have a T1 connection. You don't even have fibre yet according to your recent posts.

A T1 is a much older type of connection. It starts immensely slower than DSL (1.5mbps) and far far more expensive because T1 connections are full duplex connections. Typically T1s were only found in businesses.

DSL Link Up Time could mean a few things including your modem reconnected 12 hours ago in the middle of the night.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. πŸ™‚
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Where does it state you have a T1 connection?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Ambassador

i saw it on the modem/router admin page!

about a week ago! πŸ˜› i cant remember where tho also saw isdn too

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Please post an image once you find it again.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Ambassador

just talked to customer care and tech support they said it for more of a business thing on fiber optic tho.

wondering if it coming soon to my place? i know i saw a T1 connection too

@Nighthawk why would it disconnect tho? wired dug up or what? lol πŸ˜›

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
Residential customers have no need for T1 connection. (Are you running a big home business) It's no benefit to you. T1 was all the hoopla in the mid 90s. Why would you want it when FTTH (Fibre to the home) is available for a much lower cost? Besides a T1 line is more then you'd be willing to spend a month..

You can lose uplink for a variety of reasons. Power outage, scheduled maintenance etc..

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.