Surely telus can answer my question about accessing closed captioning on the tv without going thru t

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

It is very poor service when I have to go thru the community to access help for the problem of getting closed captioning on my tv.  I am upset and tired of this run around.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Advocate

Hi Banne, 

For closed captioning, using your Optik TV remote,  you can go to Menu > Settings > Television > Closed Captioning

This site is also helpful for basic TV tutorials: http://www.telus.com/content/tv/optik/clients/video-help.jsp

The 24/7 chat support can also help at: https://www.telus.com/chat

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Friendly Neighbour

Thank you for taking the time to answer.  The new telus remote no longer has the STB button--I phoned Telus and we spent a long time trying different things along with a lot of rebooting and nothing worked--so a technician is coming out tomorrow.  She said it was a problem with the software possibly caused when an upgrade was done.  Would you like to know how the technician solves the problem?  Again,thanksB

Highlighted
Most Helpful
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee
Hey,

Sure, let me know how it went it the tech, curious how they resolved the issue.

H_D

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Advocate

Hi Banne, 

For closed captioning, using your Optik TV remote,  you can go to Menu > Settings > Television > Closed Captioning

This site is also helpful for basic TV tutorials: http://www.telus.com/content/tv/optik/clients/video-help.jsp

The 24/7 chat support can also help at: https://www.telus.com/chat

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
I have used the remote. And it says cc is on.Will phone telus tomorrow for help. Thank all for help.
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Thank you for the replies tho I'm puzzled about the "accept as solution."  I have spent time online with patient Sony and patient Telus but still no resolution to problem--sony syas CC is On but it's not.  Next step is to phone telus and see if there is a solution there.  We had CC until a few days ago when it just disappeared.  We have it on another set in the bedroom.mmWhat to do?

Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hey,

You may want to try to reboot your STB and to make sure that digital and stand closed caption (in the closed caption menu) is set to closed caption 1.  Also, with the new software on the STBs, there is currently a known issue with the Closed Captioning that they are working hard to get it fixed, but if you notice the closed caption not working, you may need to powercycled the STB to get the closed captioning working again.

Hope that helps!

H_D

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Friendly Neighbour

Thank you for taking the time to answer.  The new telus remote no longer has the STB button--I phoned Telus and we spent a long time trying different things along with a lot of rebooting and nothing worked--so a technician is coming out tomorrow.  She said it was a problem with the software possibly caused when an upgrade was done.  Would you like to know how the technician solves the problem?  Again,thanksB

Highlighted
Most Helpful
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee
Hey,

Sure, let me know how it went it the tech, curious how they resolved the issue.

H_D

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

This is really funny...the tech has just been here and fixed the cc immediatly--all he did was go to Options and click on--We had been going to Settings and cc and that certainly didnh't work.  Why the online,and phone help couldn't suggest that but went thru rebooting etc.etc...life is full of mysteries.Now if only the snow and wind could stop and they'd plough the streets!Thanks for you interest.B