Speed distribution on devices over WiFi

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

I am tired of netflix grabbing all the speed of my internet connection... I wanted to know if there is any way I could limit the speed used by netflix or something similar. Please help. I am using Actiontec T1200 H.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can change Netflix video quality settings on Netflix's website. That will reduce the bandwidth Netflix uses.

I've never had Netflix (multiple streams) or anything similar cause issues over wireless for me on any devices. How many computers / devices are you using and what device do you mainly use Netflix on? Do you just have Netflix running on one device? Also, what speed is your internet connection?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can change Netflix video quality settings on Netflix's website. That will reduce the bandwidth Netflix uses.

I've never had Netflix (multiple streams) or anything similar cause issues over wireless for me on any devices. How many computers / devices are you using and what device do you mainly use Netflix on? Do you just have Netflix running on one device? Also, what speed is your internet connection?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Also realize your Wi-Fi slows with distance from the gateway, and slows even more if there is interference from another Wi-Fi network nearby. I chose to hardwire my TV to prevent such problems.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Resident

Thanks Nighthawk, I like your solution and They use netflix on tv btw.