cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speeds on TELUS Internet 75

KnightsovTemplr
Just Moved In

Hello I currently have the Internet 75 plan from Telus and I was wondering why I couldn't reach close to 75mbps download and 15mbps upload. I ran a couple of speed tests on a new laptop and on wired connection I received; 5ms ping, 38.28 download, and 6.38 upload. And on wireless connection I received; 6ms ping, 27.05 download, and 6.04 upload. I consistently get around 34~36 mbps download on wired connection even when other people are connected as long as they're not using Netflix. What could possibly be slowing down my connection? I have the gateway Actiontec V1000H, am I eligible for a free modem upgrade? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

At this point you need to contact Telus, as I believe a number of upgrades are needed for your internet: a second telephone line, and a new Gateway to replace the V1000H.

Connect with Telus staff more directly through a phone call, chat, Facebook or Twitter, as described in the Contact Us section at the bottom of the page.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you on Fibre, bonded copper (two phone lines going into your V1000H) or copper (one phone line going into your V1000H)? My understanding is 75 Mbps is on Fibre or bonded copper, so If you have only one phone line going to your V1000H, you would see at best, half the speed. If on Fibre, you should be seeing the full 75 Mbps speed when no other users are online.

NFtoBC

Sorry I don't quite get your question, I do only see one phone line going into the V1000H so I don't know how it's possible to have two lines connected if there is only one phone port available on the V1000H. How do I get the full 75Mbps speed?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

At this point you need to contact Telus, as I believe a number of upgrades are needed for your internet: a second telephone line, and a new Gateway to replace the V1000H.

Connect with Telus staff more directly through a phone call, chat, Facebook or Twitter, as described in the Contact Us section at the bottom of the page.

NFtoBC