cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shall we start a campaign to stop parking charges for hospitals and medical offices in Canada?

sarahjward
Just Moved In

I am absolutely appalled that we have to pay $7 here in Collingwood at the hospital parking lot!  I know they pay in North Bay as well, and all over the country, I think.

Here in Collingwood, we even have to pay at the parking lot at the doctors' office building!  This is criminal.  How can we stop it?  Marketplace did a show on it but I don't know if anything has happened as a result of that coverage.  Love that show!  I am going to contact my MP.  Will everybody join me?

This is price gauging at it's worst.....Taking advantage of people who are visiting & going to hospitals for services.  Horrible!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

I wish my parking was $7.  In Vancouver, hospital parking can be $14 to $21 for just a few hours.  While yes I would like to see parking rates lowered..... will the lots always be FULL when I want to use the parking lot?  Will the hospital lots be filled by nearby business and transit riders all day?

What is the Collingwood hospital parking lots like?  Are they always full or always empty?

My recommendation?  BOYCOTT the parking lots.  If no one uses them, the rates will be come down.  Simple Supply and demand.  Leave the car behind to avoid the fees and take the bus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFBEKt-WCT8&hd=1 

Isn't this topic kinda off topic?  Since you posted this on an Internet topic.  I guess you would like to see more telecommuting or medicine advice provided online.

BTW.... some hospitals have programs to assist with parking charges.  Have you discussed your concerns with the hospital?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

I wish my parking was $7.  In Vancouver, hospital parking can be $14 to $21 for just a few hours.  While yes I would like to see parking rates lowered..... will the lots always be FULL when I want to use the parking lot?  Will the hospital lots be filled by nearby business and transit riders all day?

What is the Collingwood hospital parking lots like?  Are they always full or always empty?

My recommendation?  BOYCOTT the parking lots.  If no one uses them, the rates will be come down.  Simple Supply and demand.  Leave the car behind to avoid the fees and take the bus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFBEKt-WCT8&hd=1 

Isn't this topic kinda off topic?  Since you posted this on an Internet topic.  I guess you would like to see more telecommuting or medicine advice provided online.

BTW.... some hospitals have programs to assist with parking charges.  Have you discussed your concerns with the hospital?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Is there an internet related question in there?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂