cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up a second wifi network with the T3200M

TrixieDee
Just Moved In
Hi

I want to use my dlink router with my t3200m gateway because my gateway can only sit in my living room on the main floor and I get a very bad wifi signal in my basement where I work. Even if I move the gateway down then the wifi on my third floor is junk where my bedroom is. Is there any way to configure my router and gateway so that i can use BOTH wifi signals (my dlink for the basement with the router down here and my t3200 on the other floors in my house. Also assum I have filters or a coaxle point in basement)?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I just plugged my DLink router into the T3200 and went from there. Didn't change anything on the T3200. Only changed the Dlink so it had a different network than 192.168.1.x. (easy change) I have two separate routers / wifi networks now. I run my Optik stuff off the T3200 and everything else off the Dlink. 🙂

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I just plugged my DLink router into the T3200 and went from there. Didn't change anything on the T3200. Only changed the Dlink so it had a different network than 192.168.1.x. (easy change) I have two separate routers / wifi networks now. I run my Optik stuff off the T3200 and everything else off the Dlink. 🙂

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

As @Nighthawk says, easy to add the D-Link router, but you will need to find the way to run an Ethernet cable between the two. A regular phone wire connection will not work.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

And I plugged in Google Wifi's mesh network.  Mesh network works independently from the T3200m and you can see a separate SSID.