Setting up Optik TV account with iCloud mail and not getting confirmation email

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

StrykerRider
Just Moved In

Wondering if any one else has come across a problem with setting up their Optik TV account for the apps when using a iCloud email address. I cannot seem to get the confirmation emails to come through to my iCloud email but they will go through find to my work email. Anyone else experienced or know how to fix this?

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

ICloud email addresses seem to be set up somewhat differently than others. If I recall, until recently, one couldn’t use an iCloud email for Apple ID purposes, you needed one from another source.

Maybe time to get another address in addition to your iCloud email?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
giantbrownguy
Ambassador

I did. I haven’t had time to look for a solution, but it did work once I used an alternate email. 

Most Helpful
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

ICloud email addresses seem to be set up somewhat differently than others. If I recall, until recently, one couldn’t use an iCloud email for Apple ID purposes, you needed one from another source.

Maybe time to get another address in addition to your iCloud email?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

StrykerRider
Just Moved In

They seem to be able to send any other confirmation emails to my iCloud email just fine so I shouldn’t need to create a new email through another company just to be able to get a confirmation email to setup Optik on the go.