Services installed tomorrow

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Connector
Hey there

Just wondering what to expect from the install I have a bachelor unit on end is the phone jack on the other is the coax hook up for the tv... Is that going to cause issues come install time? I don't want to move anything around if that can be helped... Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Then the Telus installer will need the following at a minimum:

• access to a phone jack to install the gateway / router in your dwelling.
  • may need access to the point of demarcation (where the phone line enters the building) to ensure all needed wires are connected. Internet 75 uses all 4 wires of a phone jack, and all may not currently be connected to their network.
  • will need to run either an ethernet cable or access to both ends of the existing coax to connect the PVR to the TV and your network. Ethernet seems to be the better choice.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Depends on what services you are having installed (phone, Internet, TV), how the service will be delivered (copper or Fibre), and how independent your unit is of others (apartment in a house, condo, large multi-dwelling building.

NFtoBC
Highlighted
Connector
Thanks for the reply I'll be adding internet 75 with optik tv..Fibre isn't available in my building yet
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Then the Telus installer will need the following at a minimum:

• access to a phone jack to install the gateway / router in your dwelling.
  • may need access to the point of demarcation (where the phone line enters the building) to ensure all needed wires are connected. Internet 75 uses all 4 wires of a phone jack, and all may not currently be connected to their network.
  • will need to run either an ethernet cable or access to both ends of the existing coax to connect the PVR to the TV and your network. Ethernet seems to be the better choice.
NFtoBC

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Connector
Sorry to be annoying but does this mean that I'm going to have to have cable strung through out my house or...will I have to move things around ..combo of both ?
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Without seeing your space, and how it is set up, it is really difficult to offer more detail. Be prepared to have a discussion about your wishes with the installer.

NFtoBC
Highlighted
Connector
Thank you for the help he should be here soon so I'll know then...looking forward to it
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

I recently saw an installation where the ONT, router, and PVR were installed together in the basement, and the main TV was supplied with signal by a wireless set top box. There would be a need to connect the PVR to a TV on occasion for trouble shooting, and initial setup, but there was no need to run a cable to the TV.

NFtoBC