cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service in Victoria

Ryan3
Just Moved In

I am interested in switching from Shaw to Telus in Victoria, but I can only find that Telus offers Internet 6 in my neighbourhood. Satellite TV is the only option as well. I live near Cook St Village (about a 10 min walk from downtown) and so I am confused why that is the only option. Does anyone know any options? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

A number of folks from Victoria have questioned this. It appears the copper wire infrastructure is such that Telus has not upgraded their equipment to higher speed systems. The good news is it means you may well see Fibre optic before other speed upgrades. The bad news is no one is saying when this might happen.  At the moment, unless you can get firm info directly from a Telus Customer Service Representative, the options you discovered, may be all that is currently available.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

A number of folks from Victoria have questioned this. It appears the copper wire infrastructure is such that Telus has not upgraded their equipment to higher speed systems. The good news is it means you may well see Fibre optic before other speed upgrades. The bad news is no one is saying when this might happen.  At the moment, unless you can get firm info directly from a Telus Customer Service Representative, the options you discovered, may be all that is currently available.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post