Server error: '550 5.5.0 <> invalid address

Resident

I send out about a few hundred group emails at a time and most of them (not all) come back with this message Server error: '550 5.5.0 <> invalid address. They are broken down into 5 groups of 50 or less and I get this message  Server error: '550 5.5.0 <email address here> invalid address. Any thoughts?

Community Power User
Community Power User
You should be using a site like mailchimp if you're sending out mass emails, to prevent any blocking that often happens from mass emails be sent. (Seen as spam often blocked)

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Resident

Thanks-I've set up for Mail Chimp but this is something that cropped up after I went to Outlook 2010. Is the any correlation?  

Community Power User
Community Power User

Is it possible that some of the addresses are incorrectly entered in Outlook?  There are LOTS of entries returned from a web search on your error message, many related to Outlook.

I second @WestCoasterBC comment about Mail Chimp. It protects both you, and Telus from being punished for sending spam volumes of email.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"