cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series recording list slowly disappearing

Scorpion
Connector

For the past several months some of my scheduled series recordings (series timers) have been disappearing. At one time I had close to 100 series recordings and it has slowly gone down to 10. Currently the box in my bedroom says I have 14 and the PVR in my living room says I have 10. Last night it was 24 and 14. I've reset the router and the boxes several times but it doesn't help. Don't they keep your scheduled series recordings list (not the actual recordings) at the Telus end? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback. We heard you loud and clear and took your feedback to our product development team for guidance.

The good news is that our teams are aware of the issue and a fix is on the way. We are targeting a March 15th rollout for the patch that will correct this issue.

As a workaround until that time, if you keep only 1 recording of any particular series, that will preserve the series record settings. If there are any updates along the way, we will be sure to share it with you here first.

Thanks for your patience. We do value your feedback so please don’t hesitate to keep us on our toes!

dru

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39

flyingsolow
Just Moved In

I just found out we're experiencing this issue. We got Optik back in December and all of the series recordings we made back then are gone. We just discovered we're missing some of the new fall episodes. Annoying to discover this most likely won't be fixed.

Cwps29
Neighbour

I'm having the same issue also! Hate missing my shows! And the worst part is I don't even know which ones have disappeared. Gonna have to make a manual list so I can keep track, which is stupid. So frustrating. Never had these issues with Bell Satellite!!! 

kbott
Just Moved In

Hi, any fix for this yet?

Scorpion
Connector

Scorpion
Connector

Unfortunately this issue still has not been fixed. I was warned awhile ago that it eould be quite some time before it would be. In the meantime I write down all of my series recordings on paper and occasionally compare it with the PVR. Not high tech but it'll have to do for now 😞

SueW
Neighbour

Regarding this issue,  has anyone noticed a correlation between lost series and which box is used to set the series recordings? I have a PVR box and two wireless boxes and I think the series that have vanished were set from one of the wireless boxes rather than the actual PVR box. Any thoughts?

I currently have the ISB7150 (which replaced an older CIS430) and the CIS330. I have programmed series from all 3 boxes and had the same issues. Since it is a software issue at Telus's end, I'm assuming it wouldn't matter what kind or which box a show gets programmed from. When you schedule a series, that information is sent to Telus and saved there. Why it is done this way, I have no idea.

JLO56
Just Moved In

I don't have wireless boxes and it has been happening since last fall.  We were at about 61 shows beginning of November and now in February we are back down to 35 shows.  We are seriously considering other options, like East link. The technician on the phone said our shows were disappearing because of power glitches...give me a break!  We are so sick of this!

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback. We heard you loud and clear and took your feedback to our product development team for guidance.

The good news is that our teams are aware of the issue and a fix is on the way. We are targeting a March 15th rollout for the patch that will correct this issue.

As a workaround until that time, if you keep only 1 recording of any particular series, that will preserve the series record settings. If there are any updates along the way, we will be sure to share it with you here first.

Thanks for your patience. We do value your feedback so please don’t hesitate to keep us on our toes!

dru

Thank you for noticing and fixing.

Thanks Dru

I just did the Telus Chat option to address this issue and the person on the other end swore he had never heard of this and that he would escalate it to management.  It wasn't until I hung up with him that I found this forum.  It is now April 18th so obviously a March 15th timeline didn't happen.  It would seem to me that if Telus can't fix it, the least they could do is advise their employees of this work around.  It is INCREDIBLY annoying when my PVR doesn't record the series as it starts back up again after a break; by the time I realize its back on I've missed the first few episodes!

Hi MichelleS.....welcome to the club. Having dealt with this issue with Telus over a year now I've learned a few things. The first is that almost all the customer reps on the phone or online chat there do not know about this issue. I'd even go as far as to say they do not know their product very well at all. The second is that they will say anything to upsell you or get you off the phone if you have a complaint. Of course there are some exceptions where you'll come across someone who knows what they are talking about and seems to really care but it is rare. Anyways.....in regards to this issue......the last I heard from a tech is that a fix is expected in September or October.......but I doubt it.

Jogo255
Just Moved In

So, today is May 16, 2016.  Did the fix happen?  I think the lack of communication by Telus is horrendous given the price we are paying for the service.  I too have spent many hours and missed episodes because I had the series recorded and did not realize that they were dropped from my saved list.  I would expect that if the fix was to happen on a certain date and it was posted, there should be a forum to inform customers that it did or did not happen. My Telus bill seems to increase by a few dollars most months but I seem to be less satisfied as time goes by.  May be time to shop for another provider.

Since it is now June, and you claimed to have this fixed 3 months ago, I can assure you it is not fixed. I have noticed this happening since the beginning. At first I thought maybe I hadn't set that recording because it hadn't been a full year since we got Telus, but now it has been over a year, and now I know for sure it is not me, it is you and your equipment. About a month or so ago, you had sent out surveys, asking how things were working. At the time, when I filled it out, all seemed to be working well and fine. No sooner did I send off the survey, all the problems that weren't happening, started happening. My pvr is skipping recording, skipping through to end, dropping series, the picture is pixelating, one of the most annoying is at times we hear a noise, then the volume drops to a level we can't hear, so we turn it up, then a little bit later suddenly the volume comes back at a deafening volume.  Also I am not sure the keeping one recording of a show will fix this issue, since the most recent problem I had was with Game of thrones, and silicon valley. The series had already started, I had to reset the series to record, and about 3 episodes in, all of a sudden both series were gone, so I had to reset them to record again, then suddenly the next week, they were back, on a different channel and at the later time. 

Scorpion
Connector

Hi there! Thanks for finally getting around to fixing this issue. I don't want to sound ungrateful but it shouldn't have taken so long for someone from Telus to address this. I noticed this problem almost a year ago and went through hell to get someone to listen. During this time period, I took 2 full days off work, had my PVR wiped and lost all my recordings (twice), had my PVR replaced, had my router replaced, had my whole system rewired, spoke to about a dozen Telus reps and techs (all but one who knew nothing about this issue), was even called a "liar" by one support rep when describing what was going on and a lot more. At one time I actually thought it was just me having this issue until I started posting on this and another forum. Then other people started mentioning they were having the same issue.

So what I'm saying is.....Telus, you got to do a better job at communicating with your customers. Generally I love you guys. I have home phone, internet, TV and cell phone service through you but sometimes you can be frustrating to deal with when there are issues. Despite what you guys say about how happy your customers are with your service, I think you have a lot of work to do.

Anyways......thanks for the upcoming fix.

I completely agree with you about the lack of communication Telus has displayed and I also find it just a little too coincidental that someone from Telus finally posted a temporary "workaround" only after I had mentioned it in one of my posts (the idea of saving one episode to prevent a series from dropping off your list). As well, you pointed out that you noticed this problem almost a year ago; although I can't remember when I first noticed it myself it was at least 6 months ago when I had my pvr replaced in a futile attempt to address this. I find it very hard to believe that it would take a year (or longer) to fix this problem so I have to question the intensity of Telus' efforts to find a solution.

Last but not least, kudos to you for your persistence and for making the problem public knowledge in this forum.  Confirmation that it wasn't just my imagination or my issue alone was quite reassuring and the information you provided was extremely helpful and very much appreciated.  So I guess my thanks go to you before Telus 😉

Scorpion
Connector

Thank you, I appreciate that. I've had other issues with Telus in the past but they were always solved to my satisfaction. For some reason this issue, with the series recordings, became very personal. Not only had I invested many hours just trying to get someone at Telus to listen but also how poorly I was treated. One time I was on the phone to a Telus support person discussing the problem. He was very nice and probably the only one that understood what I was talking about. Too bad it was a 1.5 hour call. While speaking to him, he was chatting with a Telus tech through his computer regarding my issue. Not knowing any better, he was reading me word for word what the tech was saying to him. I guess the tech didn't know he was doing that and I heard how this employee really thought of Telus customers. Defininately not nice things were said by him. I've been a long time customer of Telus and have always recommended them to everyone. Just because of how this one issue has been handled, my opinion and recommendations are changing. But anyways......I'm going to trust that a fix is on the way now that they acknowledge this issue. Thanks to you and everyone else who allowed me to vent on this and the other forums. It's nice to know that I wasn't alone in this and something is finally being done.

Your welcome! I too have been frustrated with all this. There are other
issues I am trying to address and feel it difficult to explain these issues
so that it is understood. I do not call in anymore as I feel the techs
simply get closed minded. One issue I feel needs to be addressed is the
fact that TELUS takes away the extra bytes I consume I.E going over 150
bytes, being charged $5.00 for another 50 bytes just before it reverts back
to zero therefore losing the 50 bytes I get charged for. We do not get what
we pay for. This is a small amount granted but it is the principle of it
and very unfair. Hopefully I can get through to someone. The price we pay
for TV is outrageous! Surely TELUS can afford to at least give us a small
token for our loyalty. Cheers!