Sending email out of Canada

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Farwell
Resident
I had my telus email address opened to use internationally. I am currently in Palm Springs California and I can receive emails but cannot reply or send emails. What settings do I need to change on my IPad 2 for this to work.
Community Power User
Community Power User

Ensure your SMTP server port is set to 1025 in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Telus > Account > SMTP > smtp.telus.net (on) > Server Port 1025 on your iPad. This will allow you to send emails from other than a Telus connection.

If all else fails, you can try webmail, but that's a poor experience on an iPad!

BTW, how's the weather?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Most Helpful
canmorejim
Resident

We're considering moving from Shaw to Telus. One thing I want to improve is internet access to send/receive email when I am away from home. Looks like I just need to have the correct account settings (on my OUTLOOK page; for Telus), get on the internet, and send/receive just like home. No need for webmail (as Shaw requires). Is that correct? Thanx!

Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

@canmorejim wrote:

We're considering moving from Shaw to Telus. One thing I want to improve is internet access to send/receive email when I am away from home. Looks like I just need to have the correct account settings (on my OUTLOOK page; for Telus), get on the internet, and send/receive just like home. No need for webmail (as Shaw requires). Is that correct? Thanx!

I have had no difficulty sending emails from other ISP once I changed the port setting as described previously.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"