Same problem with Shaw/Gta5 online

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Ambassador

I have contacted mricosoft and rock star, like Shaw has the same problems with one of their modems, here: https://community.shaw.ca/message/120916#120916

i have the t1200h and i can't get online with gta 5 on Xbox one, will there ever be a patch?

HELP!!!

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

As per usual, you have not provided any specific information of what problem you are experiencing, including: the exact error message(s), method of connection (wired, wireless, none), and since you talked about it many times in the past -- whether or not you have bridged the T1200H and how everything is physically connected between it and the Xbox.

If the T1200H is bridged, whether the Xbox is direct to the T1200H or you are using a third party router, it is no longer a Telus issue.

Also, if this was a widespread issue related to the T1200H, there would be far more examples available. GTA5 is a popular game and so far no one else has mentioned any issues on Telus, let alone a T1200H. The only ISP related topic Google popped up was the discussion on the Shaw forums you mentioned. Nothing else found outside of the usual well known Xbox connection nightmares.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. πŸ™‚
Highlighted
Ambassador

it directly connected the telus modem!/hard wired. its say you need to transfer your charter and the next day i go on its say currently gta 5 is unavailable!

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Transfer your character? That's not Telus related. That is an Xbox / game issue.

Also the "GTA is unavailable" error doesn't indicate there is a problem with the router, but likely the server you're trying to connect to. Judging by Google's search for that error, it's definitely an issue with the game / XBox Live. Nothing to do with Telus.

Game server status pages >>

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. πŸ™‚
Highlighted
Ambassador

i have had the game replaced and i thought i ran out of Xbox live but it still working, it was so post to end a week ago! how do i fix the router?

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Again, you need to provide a LOT more information. Based on your previous posts, there is nothing wrong with your Actiontec. The posting from Shaw was for an entirely different issue that you are not experiencing currently.

Please answer the following if you wish to receive assistance:

1. What have you tried so far for troubleshooting?
  2. What error message are you seeing?
  3. Is it only related to GTA or Xbox?
  4. Do you also have a router connected to the Actiontec for devices besides the Xbox?
  5. Is your Actiontec bridged?
  6. If yes, what is connected to port 1?
  7. Are ALL devices in connected to the Actiontec experiencing problems?

Highlighted
Ambassador

1. Nothing expect for replacing the game disc.

2. no errors but it says you have to transfer your charter and the next time i turn on my xbox it says unavailable.

3. I don't know, srry

4. No,i used to have a linksys AC1600 but i had it disconnected for about 3 to 6 months.

5. Nope, ill check!

6. Just the PVR directly to the modem though Ethernet and my room set top box/Xbox one.

7.Nope but we had a problem with the internet and TV's lagging and going out for about 5 mins every second day or so

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

The "transfer your character" issue is something with the game and Xbox live. It's unrelated to the modem. Are you trying to transfer a GTA Online character?

Highlighted
Ambassador

nope

Highlighted
Ambassador

??

Highlighted
Ambassador

?? help!!

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

It is not a Telus issue. It is not a connection related error message. It is not something we can help you with. Since the error you see is game related, go talk to Xbox support or GTA support.